VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have thousands of music videos that I would like to stamp with MTV-style lower-thirds at the beginning and end. Of course this can be done manually, but it would take absolutely forever. The .m4v files are all tagged with the needed information (Title, Artist, Album, Label).

Only problem is finding a tool that will pull this information from the metadata tag, place it where I want it, with the desired fonts, time it 10 seconds from the beginning and end, and display it for 8 seconds with fades in/out. Isn't there something out there to batch this task?

I've looked into the various software tools big and small that I have used over the years, and cannot find a solution that will allow me to do anything even CLOSE to this. It almost calls for a special tool to be written, but I definitely cannot code this type of thing. I would think someone would have encountered a similar problem at some point...any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Could be done in a batch file loop with FFprobe or ExifTool to pull the metadata and push into an SRT file, then FFmpeg to encode with the Subtitles filter. Not too hairy but might take a morning and a couple mugs of coffee to work it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you want to slap your own branding on a bunch of videos? There must be thousands of threads about that in the archives. Beware of copyright police.
    Quote Quote