VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I decided to uninstall SeaMonkey since it took over the send to mail recipient,after doing that nothing happens when i right click on a file to send to mail,it just has the resize box and then nothing happens,if i install SeaMonkey again then it sends the file to seamonkey email client,Thunderbird is set as the default email program and SeaMonkey was never set as default email.

Any idea how to fix this?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Win10? If so, search for "Standard-Apps nach Protokoll" (I don't know how it is called in english) and change "mailto" to desired program

It is the page of default programs and at the bottom there are three links, it is the second one. first is file type, second protocol or similar, the third is App.
    I hope it helps you
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Already checked there and thunderbird is set as the mailto program,its that SeaMonkey hijacked the mailto protocol and when it's uninstalled the mailto has no program associated with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried reinstalling Thunderbird over the current installation? This might automatically get things setup correctly again. You shouldn't lose anything.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks darkknight145,that fixed the issue,just wish programs didn't make issues like this.
    Quote Quote