VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (I originally have this posted in DVD To DVDR forum, but thought I'd post the guide here.)

Couple of things:
    • Transition from 1 to 2 is not perfect... you see Marty open the garage door then you see him open the door again as movie 2 starts.
    • Transition 2 to 3 is spot on!
    • The transitions themselves have a slight pause as the movie starts up probably due to the fact that I made each movie a separate track.
    • Movies 2 and 3 are less pixelated than Movie 1. This may be due to the fact that 2 & 3 are the repressed widescreens.
    1. DVDDecrypter (File mode: All) on each movie.
    2. DVDShrink on each movie separtely.[list:28f7b6168c]
    3. Reauthor: 0% Compression / English Audio / English Subchannel.
    [*]TMPGEnc DVD Author - each movie into a separate track.
    • Or into 1 track depending on preference
    • Movie 1 -[list:28f7b6168c]
    • Cut scenes 00:00:00;00 - 00:00:28;10 = Beginning credits up to where Back To The Future title sweeps in.
    • Cut scenes 01:49:17;16 - End = Approximate place for Movie 2 to start and ending credits (this will need further adjustment for better transition).
    [*]Movie 2 -
    • Cut scenes 00:00:00;00 - 00:00:34;21 = Beginning credits up to where Marty opens garage door (approximately).
    • Cut scenes 01:40:32;13 - End = BEST (IMO) place for Movie 3 to start and ending credits.
    [*]Movie 3 -
    • Cut scenes 00:00:00;00 - 00:01:37;08 = Beginning credits up to where 3 and 2 are in perfect sync (IMO).
    • Cut scenes 01:50:09;29 - End = The end credits are cut after The End sweeps and disappears.
    [*]Main Menu with play all and select track are made (chapter selection is taken out).
    [*]Disregard DVD size and Bit rate warnings when encoding.[/list:u:28f7b6168c][*]DVD2One and change size from 4472MB to 4300MB (or there abouts).
    [*]Use ImgTool to burn DVD[/list:28f7b6168c]

I'm not sure if I want to put any more work into this or not. I guess the things I would change are:
    • Try and get a better transition between 1 & 2
    • Burn all three as one track, but make each one a chapter type selection in the menu if I want to go to one directly.
    • Perhaps encode to VCD then do a VCD-to-DVD conversion back to get a better picture quality.[list:28f7b6168c]I'll need to re-find that guide. You can get 300 Minutes of SVCD on DVD (not enough) or 480 Min. of VCD.
    [/list:u:28f7b6168c]
    For what I got now, I can live with.

I'm about to put one of Meritline's Glossy CD Label on this DVD. If I run into the nightmares people have with labels on DVDs, perhaps I'll make a new DVD with the changes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVD2ONE,it's join function works much better than DVD Shrink.
    Your compressing 18GB's to 4.37,anyway you slice it the results will look horrible.
    Quote Quote