VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I am trying to render an ISO for a Blu-Ray project I have been working on in MAGIX DVD Architect Build 100.
    The error is "Warning: An Error occurred while writing a file. An invalid pointer was specified". I did some research and the fixes I found and tried were, running the program in administrator mode, saving the ISO to a different hard drive than where the project file lived, making sure chapter points were not to close to the end of the video files (which I really thought would do the trick), removing any potentially problematic video files (like AVIs that I lazily threw in rather than converting to a better format). None of it worked. I really can't imagine what the issue is. All the main video files after the pre-menu videos are proper .ts files that I used avidemux to make. They all load in fine and give me no warnings before it lets me prepare the ISO. The ISO gets about 40 - 50% through and then shoots that message at me. Does anyone know what this might be and what else I should try?

If you need any more information, please let me know, thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the blu-ray authoring forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarianG View Post
    Hello. I am trying to render an ISO for a Blu-Ray project I have been working on in MAGIX DVD Architect Build 100.
    The error is "Warning: An Error occurred while writing a file. An invalid pointer was specified". I did some research and the fixes I found and tried were, running the program in administrator mode, saving the ISO to a different hard drive than where the project file lived, making sure chapter points were not to close to the end of the video files (which I really thought would do the trick), removing any potentially problematic video files (like AVIs that I lazily threw in rather than converting to a better format). None of it worked. I really can't imagine what the issue is. All the main video files after the pre-menu videos are proper .ts files that I used avidemux to make. They all load in fine and give me no warnings before it lets me prepare the ISO. The ISO gets about 40 - 50% through and then shoots that message at me. Does anyone know what this might be and what else I should try?

If creating the Blu-ray files and folders don't cause any errors, you could create a Blu-ray ISO using Imgburn.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hello. I am trying to render an ISO for a Blu-Ray project I have been working on in MAGIX DVD Architect Build 100.

If creating the Blu-ray files and folders don't cause any errors, you could create a Blu-ray ISO using Imgburn.
    How exactly would I do that? I can't transfer all that work over.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Did DVD Architect create a BDMV folder and a CERTIFICATE folder for your Blu-ray? Those folders (including their contents) are what you need to add to ImgBurn to create the ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Did DVD Architect create a BDMV folder and a CERTIFICATE folder for your Blu-ray? Those folders (including their contents) are what you need to add to ImgBurn to create the ISO.
    No, it did not.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, it did not.
    Can you try authoring the Blu-ray without creating an ISO? If that fails then the error occurs during the authoring process and is not specifically related to ISO creation.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    No, it did not.
    Can you try authoring the Blu-ray without creating an ISO? If that fails then the error occurs during the authoring process and is not specifically related to ISO creation.
    I will try that and get back, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    No, it did not.
    When I go to try and do that, like click the burn button, it still wants to create an iso to continue so it will give me the same error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I suggest starting with just one or 2 assets, build an iso, delete it, add another asset, build, delete, add another etc until you find what is causing the problem. It may take quite a while, but you will at least be sure of the culprit (unless there is more than 1).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I suggest starting with just one or 2 assets, build an iso, delete it, add another asset, build, delete, add another etc until you find what is causing the problem. It may take quite a while, but you will at least be sure of the culprit (unless there is more than 1).

Scott
    Alright, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Ensure that you have the latest updates for DVD Architect, as this might resolve the issue if it’s a known bug. Even though .ts files are generally compatible, re-encoding them to a standard format used by DVD Architect, like MPEG-2, might help. Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2023 with ProCADIS.com exclusive savings. A user reported that having two buttons with “Resume” actions set in a single menu caused a similar error. Ensure that there is only one Resume action per menu. Try building your project incrementally. After adding each element (video, audio, menus, chapter points, buttons), create a new ISO. If the error occurs, you’ll know which addition is causing the problem.
    Last edited by bawev; 26th Mar 2024 at 11:55.
    Quote Quote