VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys, this is video I got, as you can hear the video has "clicking" noises during all its play
    is there something I can do in order to remove it?

I've tried the noise removing effect it didn't help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know of any automatic way to fix it. However, iZotope RX's "Spectral Repair" would let you see and repair each click, and the result would be perfect. It would, of course, be a lot of work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quite easy really. Extract the audio using something like Pazera Audio Extractor or convert it to a wav file. Then run the audio through Magix Audio Cleaning Lab(Google it). If you use the auto cleaning wizard it should be get rid of the clicks, not so, then change the strength of the declicker. Finally MUX in your cleaned audio back in to your video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I thought of using a declicker, but those are designed to find and eliminate impulse clicks, like the scratches on a phonograph record. These noises don't seem to have that impulse (fast rise time) profile and therefore might not be detected.

Of course it would definitely be worth a try since declicker algorithms are automatics.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, any idea what migth cause such problems of "clicking" noises?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sarit1 View Post
    Thanks, any idea what migth cause such problems of "clicking" noises?
    It doesn't happen until she speaks, and then usually at the end of a sentence. It does not happen when she moves, which rules out the microphone clicking against her clothing, and it never happens when she is not speaking.

That leaves me with only two explanations:

1. She is actually clicking when she speaks. Most of the clicks appear just as she ends a sentence or phrase.

2. Some sort of audio processor (AGC?) was used and is reacting to her speech patterns.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I own Izotope Rx 7 (not the the advanced version) and it still offers spectral repair for the "budget" version. That said I think it may be possible (as it was in advanced), you can train it to look for a specific frequency/sound and it will go through the file and then repair this for you

However I tried something easy first--I used Goldwave since its pop/click filter works extremely well. I snagged your youtube clip and then used the pop/click filter set to "aggressive". It filtered out the noise you were talking about and did not do much harm to the overall audio. Though Goldwave isn't free either you might want to try something along those lines first
    Last edited by mazinz; 8th Apr 2020 at 14:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dentures & lip smack/mouth wetness.

As a seasoned audio engineer & producer, this is very familiar.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    I own Izotope Rx 7 (not the the advanced version) and it still offers spectral repair for the "budget" version. That said I think it may be possible (as it was in advanced), you can train it to look for a specific frequency/sound and it will go through the file and then repair this for you
    I have RX4 Advanced, but haven't upgraded since then. Are you saying that Spectral Repair in RX7 has a mode where, once you define the spectral component that you want to remove, that it can find, select, and remove similar components? That would be a game changer, but given how important getting the selection just right seems to be, I don't see how it could do that and produce a quality result.

I'll have to go to their site and see what I'm missing. I'll then have to see if I have a few hundred dollars lying around for an upgrade.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    I own Izotope Rx 7 (not the the advanced version) and it still offers spectral repair for the "budget" version. That said I think it may be possible (as it was in advanced), you can train it to look for a specific frequency/sound and it will go through the file and then repair this for you
    I have RX4 Advanced, but haven't upgraded since then. Are you saying that Spectral Repair in RX7 has a mode where, once you define the spectral component that you want to remove, that it can find, select, and remove similar components? That would be a game changer, but given how important getting the selection just right seems to be, I don't see how it could do that and produce a quality result.

I'll have to go to their site and see what I'm missing. I'll then have to see if I have a few hundred dollars lying around for an upgrade.
    Many years back when they had RX2 Advanced, the trial version had no limitations (except for days you can use it). I do recall doing something exactly like that. Had a file with a particular beeping noise that occurred over 100 times in random spots. Didn’t know too much what I was doing, but there was a video on YouTube or from izotope where someone was removing drumbeats. The program had a trainer mode and when they were done the program went through and took care of business. I recall trying the same steps with the beep noise and it kind of worked (but as mentioned wasn’t really sure what i was doing then).

Not on the pc so I can’t fire up and take a look at RX7, but I’m sure it’s still there
    Quote Quote