VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please assist me if you can.

My situation is that I have burned video files to writable DVD-R's, and some of the files do not play on my DVD player. It says that the file is corrupt or unsupported. I have a Sony BDP-S390 player, and I must also state that the vast majority of the files will play through the BDP-S390 DVD player. Only 4 out of hundreds will not play. The 4 files happen to be AVI format, The player, however, does play many other AVI files, and I do not have a problem with MKV or MP4 files.

Why only the 4, and please, is there a way that I can fix this problem?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Compare those 4 with working avi files in MediaInfo and MPEG4Modifier. If there's no lossless fix you need to re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you.

I opened the file that is corrupt with MPEG4 Modifier, and here is info on the file.

Packed bitstream: Yes
    QPel: No
    GMC: No
    Interlaced: No
    Aspect ratio: Square pixels
    Quant type: H.263
    FourCC: DX50
    User data: DivX503b2207p

I-VOPs: 1669 (1.29%)
    P-VOPs: 74692 (57.79%)
    B-VOPs: 52892 (40.92%)
    S-VOPs: 0 (0.00%)
    N-VOPs: 0 (0.00%)

Max consecutive B-VOPs: 1
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't see it mentioned in your Manual (pp34) but I would guess packed bitstream isn't supported
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is the packed stream problem you can fix them easily with Avidemux to unpack them.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    If it is the packed stream problem you can fix them easily with Avidemux to unpack them.
    There's also MPEG4 Modifier, too, which is what I used to use whenever I encountered the problem.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you.

I will try the MPEG Modifier and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  8. How would I know if it is packed stream so that I can try avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use mediainfo. For example,
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MIn.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	42210  

Quote Quote  
  10. Yes, the bitstream is packed. I saw it in MPEG Modifier.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I unpacked the file with MPEG Modifier. If that usually works, I will write it to a DVD, and hopefully it is not corrupted.
    Quote Quote  
  12. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    I unpacked the file with MPEG Modifier. If that usually works, I will write it to a DVD, and hopefully it is not corrupted.
    Your DVD may had a USB port with support for avi files. Check it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I also noticed that the file did not automatically unpack with avidemux, but I after checking unpack in MPEG Modifier, the file remains unpacked.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I guess I am asking should I stick with the results of MPEG Modifier over avedimux?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I want to use MPEG Modifier to unpack the bitstream, but the problem that I am having is that when I click browse in MPEG Modifier, some of my video files are not listed or shown. Why is this? If I open the folder where they are stored, they all are there. When I click browse in MPEG Modifier, only a few are in the folder.

I need to locate all of the videos in MPEG Modifier. How may I find them so that I can check to find out which videos are packed?
    Quote Quote  
  16. The "Browse" dialog will only show files with .avi or .divx file extension. You can drag&drop files of arbitrary extension from the Windows Explorer into the source file field (left of the "Browse" button) but of course it will still only read AVI files.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have file extensions turned on in folder options/control panel? This may help, also, possibly
    some of the files are the wrong file tye
    Quote Quote  
  18. I can use MPEG Modifier for AVI, but... some of the files that I have to unpack are MKV.

What should I use?

If I unpack the bitstream will I continue to have corrupted or unsupported files?

Does Avidemux unpack both AVI and MKV?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    If I unpack the bitstream will I continue to have corrupted or unsupported files?
    You were supposed to test/compare that. We don't know whether your player can play packed, unpacked or both.

As to MKV: Most mkv files use modern codecs like H.264 with a "proper" muxing. There is no packing/unpacking then.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hola buen dia.. por que no intenta convertirlo a H264.. al parecer tiene videos en H263
    Quote Quote