VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! I need to mux audio tracks insides an avi file. I would also like the first audio track have a lower sound. It's possible?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, is possible. Takes a little work

To alter track volume
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/Audacity
    http://wiredpen.com/resources/audacity/adjust-sound-audacity-envelope-tool/

To mux tracks into AVI
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/AVIMux-GUI

If the two tracks are the same length all should be fine.
    You may have to pad one file with 'silence' in Audacity if it has to begin at a particular point on the timeline.
    You may also have to trim the files length in there too, or the file will overun on playback (so you have audio with no picture)
    Pay attention to the audio types allowed in an AVI. You may need to convert.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 30th Sep 2017 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks... I already tryed Avimux, but I can't find the option for mix audio tracks...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Marsia Mariner
    Originally Posted by Igniz View Post
    Thanks... I already tryed Avimux, but I can't find the option for mix audio tracks...
    Maybe you just need more
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avimuxgui-ss.png
Views:	300
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	43251  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But... don't works!!! I select the avi and click "save" but the audio tracks contained in the avi remain divided.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Marsia Mariner
    It seems that by "tracks" you actually mean *audio CHANNELS*

And by "mUxing" you mean "mIxing"
    Last edited by Marsia Mariner; 1st Oct 2017 at 05:07. Reason: clarity? :-/
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is not clear what is your goal - or you trying to add to already existing video additional audio track that later during play out can be selected instead original or you trying to mix additional audio track to already existing so video will have single audio track that is combination of original and second?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes... I need to mixing audio tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mix the tracks in Audacity. Mux the mix into your AVI with Avimux.
    http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/mixing.html
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Too difficult to use ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audio tracks are already inside avi. I do not have to put them in the video. Enough, I give up. Programs of shit.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok, you need to start provide details - honestly - every new comment you release a bit of information that changing overall picture.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an avi file recorded with Bandicam, with two audio tracks. I would like to lower the sound in the first audio track, and then mix it with the second in the same video.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Igniz View Post
    I have an avi file recorded with Bandicam, with two audio tracks. I would like to lower the sound in the first audio track, and then mix it with the second in the same video.
    Format? Codecs?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Video: H264 Audio: mpeg-1 L2
    Quote Quote  
  16. Open the audio in Audacity (with the ffmpeg source plugin). Mix the two tracks as desired. Export as MP2 (or whatever codec you want). Mux the original video and the new audio with your favorite muxing tool, VirtualDubMod, AviMux, MKVToolNix, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok ... but how do I remove the audio from the video to open it with audacity?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Try dragging the video onto audacity.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WORKS!!!!!! Really thanks to all!!!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Should work OK, download suitable ffmpeg for your OS, copy and paste bellow to some plain text editor (Notepad in Windows is fine) then save as batch (must have extension .bat or .cmd), drag & drop your source on this batch, ffmpeg must be located in same folder as batch.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "%1" -filter_complex "[0:a:0]dynaudnorm,volume=volume=-12dB[aout1];[0:a:1]dynaudnorm,volume=0.5[aout2];[aout1][aout2]amix=inputs=2:duration=longest:dropout_transition=2[aout]" -map 0:v:0 -c:v copy -map [aout]:a:0 -c:a:0 libmp3lame -q:a:0 4 "%~n1_out.mkv"
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Solved with Audacity!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Igniz View Post
    Solved with Audacity!
    You need mux it when provided batch will create already working file.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Audacity to import audio tracks from the avi file. Lower the audio of the first track, then mix and save in mp2. Then use Avi-mux to insert it into the video file.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Igniz View Post
    I use Audacity to import audio tracks from the avi file. Lower the audio of the first track, then mix and save in mp2. Then use Avi-mux to insert it into the video file.

Not my circus and not my monkeys but provided script take your source, video is copied unchanged, audio tracks are normalized by dynaudnorm filter to avoid significant level differences between tracks, level one of tracks (first) is reduced by constant factor (approx 4 times lower level than second audio - this can be easily changed), both tracks are mixed and output is compressed with way more popular mp3 codec, video and audio track are muxed to mkv container.
    All above performed automatically and in repeatable way so it can be repeated multiple times. That's all.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't works...
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Igniz View Post
    Don't works...
    Works on my files...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Too many unknowns. Did you put a copy of ffmpeg.exe in your \Windows\System32 folder? Or did you change the command line to reflect the full path to ffmpeg.exe? Like "C:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i "%1..." -- or wherever ffmpeg is on your computer. What exactly are your audio tracks? Two mono tracks? One stereo track? Two stereo tracks? Two 5.1 tracks?
    Quote Quote