VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by ejai
    Originally Posted by Marvingj
    I believe JVC makes better svhs vcr than Panny & Sony. I owned all three but the Higher JVC has always had a consisitent & Fine picture.
    Can you please give me a name of a JVC model that I should consider?
    The JVC SR VS30U is JVC's best VCR for dubbing as it has a Firewire out port so that you can capture the video/audio directly to your hard drive.
    It also has the standard S-VHS out and RCA jacks. The unit can also transfer video directly to and from the built in DV deck.
    Hmm........I shouln't have had those Refried Beans with lunch!
    Quote Quote  
  2. ejai,

GOOD NEWS for you my friend: you can order JVC HR-S9911U (top of the line S-VHS machine with TBC, 3D DNR, 4MB frame memory...) for $249.99 and $374.00.

Go to: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/search/search.asp?Search=JVC+VCR&CurDSN=simple&cal...=1&incimage=on

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  3. There it is for all to see, spending more does not get a more reliable machine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    There it is for all to see, spending more does not get a more reliable machine.
    This is true my friend, but I have no choice. Believe me I'm tired of buying additional equipment. I could of paid for broadcast equipment with all the add-ons I've purchased in the last 2 years.

I do like the JVC M10 but it has issues as well. That is why some of the people who have this machine have purchased video enhancement equipment to fix some of the shortcomings (me included).

My biggest problem with the M10 is the video looks too soft and the dark areas aren't true black, more like resin black. What I like most about the M10 is it's noise filtering on some older tapes.

Thanks Zorankarapancev I will look into that.
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rowchar
    The JVC SR VS30U is JVC's best VCR for dubbing as it has a Firewire out port so that you can capture the video/audio directly to your hard drive.
    It also has the standard S-VHS out and RCA jacks. The unit can also transfer video directly to and from the built in DV deck.
    hmmmmmm I wonder if the Firewire output can be connected to the DR-M10's Firewire input.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I do like the noise filtering too, but I wish I could turn the noise reduction on and off like the Panasonic. It's great for videotapes, but my satellite doesn't need it and having it on just gives it more of that digital compression look.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, The Panasonic looks sharp most of the time but it has a chroma problem and that is one of the reasons I sort a different recorder. I have learned one thing and that is that using the composite instead of svideo on the Panasonic looks better in terms of chroma. I'm not sure if that will work for everyone but it does for me. Also the Panasonic's filters take away the detail but will sustain the sharpness.

I use a video enhancer to help get the picture quality I need.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I need to convert a series from videotape to DVD. It's 170 episodes and I want the quality as good as possible, but I probably wouldn't do much else in the way of videotape transfers. So how much better would the copies be with an enhancer? Would the recordings be enough better to justify the cost? They are in EP and so are not very good as far as sharpness, is that adjustable with an enhancer. What's a good brand? That's an overload of questions I know, but I've never used an enhancer and wonder if it's worth it for how little I have to do.
    Quote Quote  
  9. ejai, check your mailbox... I PM'd you yesterday with a suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gshelley61
    ejai, check your mailbox... I PM'd you yesterday with a suggestion.
    You da man! Thanks I will definately do that. I just bidded on a Vidicraft Detailer III because I have an older model.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ejay,

Try this: connect your new VCR to a Panasonic DVD recorder. Take the output from the Panasonic and connect it to a JVC DVD recorder. This way you will be able to use the Panasonic's TBC and eventually to correct the video signal. See what will happen, you can't lose anything...
    Quote Quote  
  12. I tried that as a quick and dirty method to adjust the black level. It added noticeable digital processing noise because the signal is being passed through two complete digital video processing circuits (one in the Panasonic, and one in the JVC). If the VCR also has digital signal processing (many do) that's three...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too late, I took the new vcr back for a refund. I am now going to get a more better model. 8)
    Quote Quote