VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    The way I use it and I learned it here is:

- For cropping I just load the file into vdub2 and go to video/filters/add/crop, define the pixels and okay and save as.

- For De-interlacing (QTGMC) I create a template text file with the script in Notepad and change file path and file name or filters for every job, save and drag and drop on Vdub2 icon, It will load the file for you with two screens one is the input and one is the output then just click save as and it will process the request.

- For converting (FFMPEG) I save the script as notepad file and change its extension using "Extension Changer" to .avs and save as a template for future use by just changing file name, Put in the same folder the FFMPEG.exe file is and right click on the folder containing the video file and FFMPEG.exe and right click and hold shift button (Wind10) and click on "Open Command window here" and hit Enter, the script should start running.

It's a primitive way of doing it but if you don't do a lot of work or batch files it should be good enough.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you are willing to send me one of your tapes, I can transfer it using my approach to see if it provides better results. I can share the raw file/s via Dropbox so that you can download and view/edit as needed. In a nutshell, I convert my SVID to SDI then capture to PRORES. Msg me if interested.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I do the same thing, but I use AVI lossless. so I don't think it will be a useful comparison since we have different VCR's and capture devices. If you have another capture device you can do a comparison yourself using the same VCR and post the results.
    Quote Quote  
  4. the only error is ConvertToYV12()
    it complains it only works with 8bit video

So is there a 10bit solution for ConvertToYV

and the aim is to convert to 50fps deinterlaced at the VERY VERY best quality I can achieve from my 10bit captured video

File size is not important also would like the best audio quality too guess this will be 360Kps mp3

What other lines of script/plugins should I be adding for the ultimate quality conversion

and how do you convert using the scrip ? is this done in VUDUB2 or is VUDUB2 just a viewer / player

Thank you in advance for any help
    QTGMC can work in yuv2 also dont need yv12 for it. The latest avysinth+version 3.60 and up screws a lot of filters (including qtgmc)I wonder why maybe new code better use version 3.5
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How are you playing the captured file on your CRT monitor?

Is it VGA?

What player?

It will look better on crt because it is designed to play back interlaced, not the same for pc monitor or modern tv, Lingyi is 100% correct there.

The trick is to have an acceptable play back on your choice of device.

Up scaling is only going to enhance the poor quality
    Quote Quote