VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Unless I am loosing my mind, my post at time index: 27th Feb 2011 18:42 said to use exacly that link and there are several DOWNLOAD buttons big as day. You pick the one for your USA unit ILO, LITEON etc. Good luck with your conversion to 512GB and the DVD drive repalcement. Its lots of fun to play with these units.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Actually, Batchman didn't particularly want to use any particular firmware update, but just wanted to find out which one(s) I would likely need to use. Between the three of you, it's pretty well established! Thanks to all three of you!

Looking forward to this!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hard drive arrived, installed it, formatted fine, everything is wonderful.

Still had to install it upside-down ... if I had tried to install it right-side-up, it probably wouldn't have fit in the case ... I would have needed new cables because the ide cable and the power cable were both too short to swap places ... and even without those two problems, the bridge would not have fit.

Thanks all for your help ... my ilo is fully back in business, and much more of a powerhouse!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I recently dusted down my old Philips DVDR 520H following the death of a Panasonic DVD recorder. The Philips works well but I have never managed to hack it. Nowadays an 80GB is pathetic - and the CP is annoying when I wanted to preserve my VHS collection.
    Bithead9 did you ever manage to get a firmware hack working with the 520H?
    If so, any chance of posting it?

Thanks in advance guys,

The Prof
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Prof., in the spirit of helping, I remember bithead9 posting it before and I found the thread. Look in the 13th post in the link below, the file is there.

Here's the link to the Philips HDD replacement thread.

Just noticed that you are in the UK, I believe tis file is for the US model, I don't think it's compatible as the file is produced from the US firmware.

Hopefully bithead9 will chime in.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/327843-Phlilps-DVR520H-HDD-replace-help
    Last edited by CrazyCanuck; 6th Oct 2012 at 10:16. Reason: add more info (UK issue)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much - I know the Philips is positively ancient nowadays but it's still giving good service. Prof.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I sent a PM to the Prof. I can probably help you out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I know this is super old but by any chance anyone have a copy of this firmware?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Here's the site where they're all stored. Not knowing where you're from pick the appropriate flag to access the firmware required.
    http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/liteon.htm
    Quote Quote  
  10. I had that site but the issue was the downloads not working at the time
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just tried it and seems to be working now as I just downloaded the 5045 US firmware in about a minute.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I still have copies of the USA and UK versions...so if two wheels goes down drop me a PM.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Sorry for opening this very old topic but I am looking for the larger HDD support hack for the HD-A760GX (UK) has anyone still got this file?

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. The firmwares are still available here: http://www.twowheels.force9.co.uk/liteon.htm
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry, looks like the site is not connecting anymore. I only have the US versions.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yeah 1st thing i tried mate was that site that's why I reopened this topic to see if anyone on here still has a copy of the firmware.

Hopefully someone can come up with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am pretty sure I have an archive on backup HDD - i will check and get back to you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LNPBG033.rarPlease see attached. Will go to 512G HDD
    Quote Quote  
  19. hi again bithead9. I'll will also put this one in my archives. Would you also have the macrovision hacked larger HDD file for the UK 5045 model by any chance? Liked to provide it to another user on this board that I've helped with the MV hack but without the 512 GB upgrade.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am pretty sure I do. Do you know the NAME of the original firmware file ? Is that the LNJCE201.DA0 file ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
    hi again bithead9. I'll will also put this one in my archives. Would you also have the macrovision hacked larger HDD file for the UK 5045 model by any chance? Liked to provide it to another user on this board that I've helped with the MV hack but without the 512 GB upgrade.
    Oh and I thought the 5045 for UK was the 5026 ? or did they have both in the UK ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi Bithead9, yes they had both and the file you mentioned sounds right, 201 is a firmware version for the 5045 and the LNJCE (E is the digit for England). Every other UK files in my collection have "E" in their name. I have the 204 US 5045 version and the name is LNJCU as they used U for US.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My Canadian friend, please see attached UK 0204 version. I think this is pre-patched but not for HDD. if you need HDD to 512GB then let me know and I will check/patch it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi again, the poster that I'm helping out already has the 0197 hack for his 5045 but not the large HDD. I do have the hacked 204 you posted. I wouldn't mind getting the MV hacked UK 204 with large HDD firmware to offer to the poster and also for my personal archive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here you go. HDD patched. Let me know if any others are needed. I have several. The following are all similar and can likely be patched HDD in same fashion. I did Phillips for someone before:
    Other clones:
    Packard Bell EHR2080.
    Eltax DVR-555 model

From videohelp:

-- DVD/HDD Recorders using Dimension
    Grundig GDR 5550
    JVC DR-MH30
    JVC DR-MH300
    JVC DR-MH35
    JVC DV-MH5
    JVC DV-MH50
    JVC DV-MH55
    LG Electronics RH-4820
    LG Electronics RH-7000
    LG Electronics RH-7800
    LG Electronics RH-7900M
    Lite-On LVW 5020
    Lite-On LVW 5045
    Philips DVDR3350H
    Polaroid DRM-2001G
    Samsung HR700
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thanks bithead9. I've filed it in my archive and I'll pass it along to the poster for his use. 10 years goes by quick these days doesn't it !!! Nice communicating with you again.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Many thanks for the firmware bithead9, forgot all about this mate much appreciated.

Like I said in PM need to get another drive before I can test it but soon as I get one I will be back to clarify if it works.

Cheers

Ps, They also did a 5045GDL+ here in the UK still got one of those myself and it's still working!!

Just an update on this, I had loads of sata drives just collecting dust so just formatted a 2tb drive to fat32 copied the lite-on folders over flashed the device, it gave me an error code at 1st but rebooted and tried again and now I can record up to 121 hours in HQ.

Many thanks bithead9
    Last edited by lojelo5; 30th Nov 2020 at 16:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to help! Good job getting it all working again!!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by bithead9 View Post
    Glad to help! Good job getting it all working again!!
    These machines have been troopers for me for many a year I started collecting as many as I could, 4 packed up but like you probably know it's mainly the DVD drive that goes on these so I just replaced the DVD drives with a normal DVD burner in each machine that broke down, the burner is never used because I have just been removing the drive when they have been full.

I also have a Liteon HD A740GX but need the firmware hacked for that too I did find all the firmwares I needed from this site https://driver.ru/?V=LiteOn&S=33 and hacked it to bypass macrovision, though I have never been able to patch the firmware to use a bigger drive on any of the machines.

Thanks

lojelo5
    Quote Quote  
  30. Sorry for opening this one again but I thought I would give something ago, don't know if has been done before not had time to reed through the forum again.

Anyway I only have a few IDE drives but many SATA drives, I have been trying to make it quicker for myself to transfer the recordings over from the units hard drive to the PC. Though having to remove the drive from the unit and attaching one, either IDE or SATA and using old mechanical drives to transfer as been slow so I thought I would try it with a ssd drive. I went ahead formatted the drive put all files over and attached it using a IDE to SATA adapter, yes it comes up with the error but after going into disc tools on the unit and erasing the drive it works fine. I then record onto the 256gb ssd this gives me 52hrs 51mins of HQ recording.

This is where it gets much quicker transferring files from the drive to PC.

I take the drive out and use a USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter Cable no need to having to turn the PC off to attach the drives anymore because it works perfectly fine and transfer speeds are much quicker and easier.

like I said don't know if anyone's tried this bet they have but just thought I would put this in here for advice for others if they fancy putting a ssd drive in their unit.
    Quote Quote