VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have the Pioneer DVR-510H can someone tell me how to get service disk and step by step on how to do it upgrade drive
    poppy211
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have had my 510H since new, and I have used it daily.... It has worked perfectly all these years.

The problem I have now is that it WON'T recognize 16X blank DVDs???. I know I read somewhere in this thread. That the drive is only 15X????

Since I can only find 16X blanks.... Is there anything I can do??? It worked perfectly with the lower blanks..

Thanks for any replies...

Peace.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hakan, I've sent you 2 or 3 PMs with no reply. Since we communicated quite a bit earlier this year, I can only guess my PMs are not getting through to you. Also, it's apparent you have your hands full assisting other forum members. Please check my PMs. Another request: any chance I can access the latest ( I have the older GG11--) data disk via you? I have a pioneer 530 h-s multi-region/code free. Many thanks. R/James
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi James

I got one PM yesterday and i sent one back to you! did you get that? Otherwise send email to supportATpioneerfaq.info
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dman_warlamas
    Update#2: My 210 is back up and running too!

I got a DVR107 drive today and installed it in my DVR-210. I did have the same problem as with the 111D drive (trying to close/spin up but doing neither). When I removed the drive I noticed that the MA-SL-CS jumper was not installed. I set the drive to 'Master' and it started behaving just fine.

I may take the 111D out of my PC if/when either one of these fails or if someone can get DL recording to work.

Thanks to all you smart folks who figure this stuff out!

D-man[WarLlamas]
    So I assume from your post that you believe the 111D would work if you had set the MA/SL/CS jumper to 'master'? I am going to buy a drive in the next day or so to replace the burner in my now-defunct 531. I found some good deals on 111D's, but found some 107's and 109's too. Just don't wanna waste 40 bucks on the 111D if it won't work.

BTW, you'll be fixing it on your Christmas vacation goober!!! Bring the stuff!!!

Give me some ideas on a new HD as well, might as well upgrade that too while we are at it.

See ya' soon!
    dman is nacho libre in disguise!
    Quote Quote  
  6. So does the 111D Drive work in the 510H???
    My drive just went, and I was looking around for somekind of replacement..

Thanks for any replies!!

Peace.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by evil_lives
    So does the 111D Drive work in the 510H???

Thanks for any replies!!

Peace.
    Yes Evil, it will work.. but you have to have the service remote and disk as described in the above posts of this thread. Good Luck.
    dman is nacho libre in disguise!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by ImABamaMan
    Originally Posted by evil_lives
    So does the 111D Drive work in the 510H???

Thanks for any replies!!

Peace.
    Yes Evil, it will work.. but you have to have the service remote and disk as described in the above posts of this thread. Good Luck.

ImABamaMan thank you for the reply....
    I do have the service disk, and I am supposed to try my buddies old Palm to see if it will convert to the service remote.....

Is the 111D a direct replacement?????, or do I have to gut them both and try and build one???

Will the new 111 drive only work with -R/RW ect... Or will it actually do everything the 111 drive can do(dual layer ect..)??

Sorry for so many questions.. But I have been reading for days, and I think I am more confused than ever..

Peace.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi@all

Im new in this great Forum and hope to get a Solution for my Problem here ...

First of all: I have altogether 5 Pioneer DVR-3100-S Recorders here in use, and with two of them the DVR-106-XA Drive failed. As many other People i tried to install a DVR-111D, but all i get is a CPRM Error after Power on, he can reading with the 111D but not recording because of CPRM ...
    Referring to all Posts in this Thread i have now downloaded the Pioneer Service Disc Image (pioneer service.nrg) and created a Service Disc, but how and where to get the Service Remote which i need also together with the Service Disc ?
    I also dont know which Type of Service Remote do i need for the DVR-3100-S Model ? I think it will be the GGF1381, but im not sure ...
    So i hope to get in Contact with People who have successfully replaced the failed DVR-106-XA Drive with a DVR-111D, because i will not give up all my DVR-3100-S Recorders who are so great

Btw.: Has anyone tried to replace the Laser Unit from a standard DVR-106 Drive in the DVR-106-XA or know if the Laser will be the same ? If this is possible, there should be no Problem with CPRM if im right ... The Laser Unit from the DVR-111D does not fit definitely, so this is no Solution.

Best Regards
    Quote Quote  
  10. hotbird, if you have a palm III or higher version then you can convert it to work like a remote. Somewhere in this thread there is posted a way to do it

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=253998

I have exactly the same problem as you. I also bought a dvr111D and need to replace my burner drive in 510. but am not sure if I can. There is an extra cable that connects the 510 to dvr 106. That slot is not there in 111D.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have now tested to replace the Laser Unit in my DVR-106-XA from a DVR-106-D and it works fine, there are no differences with the Laser and no Problems with CPRM or any other
    The only difference from a DVR-106-XA to a DVR-106-D is the Firmware, im not sure if with another Firmware all Functions works fine, but soon i get a Palm and i hope to be succesfull to bring a DVR-111-D up and running, then we know if the Firmware is a Reason or not
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today i got the Palm and after a few Problems with the programming it works fine as Service Remote
    I have now replaced my DVR-106-XA with a DVR-106-D, but recording stopped after 40 sec. and the DVD is damaged, so i have the Laser Unit from the DVR-106-D converted into the DVR-106-XA and all works fine, so there we have the mentioned Problem with the Firmware i think ...
    This Week i will get a new DVR-111-D and i hope with this one it will work, because many People wrote they have successfully replaced the old XA-Burner with the DVR-111-D ...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Today i have installed the new DVR-111-D and the Result is the same as with other Drives: Recording stopps approximately after 40 sec. with a DVD-RW and no recording possible with a DVD-R (Message: Cant rec.)
    Im disappointed now because i have spend a lot of time and also money for the palm, the service disc and the new DVR-111-D and have no success, so it looks the Firmware does not work and i must dispose all my DVR-3100-S and buy new one
    Has anyone an Idea what could be wrong ? I have also entering the CPRM again and set the Jumper of the DVR-111-D to Master, Slave and Cable Select and have removed it. If anyone has successfully replaced the Drive of a DVR-3100-S please reply here or contact me, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by rhegedus
    Have you tried to link the Pioneer to PC using firewire? Can you transfer files this way instead of burning and ripping?
    I have the 510H. The DV seems to only output when playing from the hard drive or disk. I capture to my PC when playing a title. It's a quicky and easy way of grabbing clips to the PC when you know where they are exactly on the 510.

I tested the DV output data while watching live when recording and doing chase play at the same time. It doesn't output data while recording.

Pioneer's site seems vague about the DVI jack. They sometimes say DV jack or DV input but not output specifically. Some models don't have the DV jack and most no longer have the jog wheel. I liked those two features on the 510.

The manuals for the DVR-633H-S, DVR-533H-S, DVR-532H-S, DVR-531H-S say that the DV jack doesn't output data.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know where I can get the Pioneer DVR-510H service manual and the service dvd? I need to replace my hard drive in the unit and cannot find either items anywhere. I've searched the website links on this site and unfortunately cannot get the items. I have the service remote, actually created one myself, just need the manual and the dvd, thanks. The remote that I'm using is a Palm IIIc with the pronto.zip file (Service.ccf that I converted over to a .PDB file).

Thank you,
    Keith
    keithsigr@yahoo.com
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I have the same mistakes "CPRM incorrect" !

Last week a have change my DVR-106x with a Nec DVD-Writer. But no effeckt in my DVR-5100. Now a have change Back the DVR-106X Drive. Power on- and on the Display comes up " DISC REPAIR" and not "CPRM incorrect" and the DVR-106X works great! Yearrr But the next Day again it comes up "CPRM incorrect" . Again, Now I can´t Record (shit)

The changes with the NEC DVD-Writer does not go any longer I do not know why.

Can sombody tell me how I can make a "DISC REPAIR"?
    I mean a "DISC REPAIR" that show me on the Display.
    Maybe with the Remote Control? or other metode?
    (I have not the Service-manuel)

For your assistance I would be grateful

Thanks JB.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ive just started to have problems with my dvd drive. ive had the unit for about 3 years or just after it came out, and mines multi region (with macro off as far as im aware).

However ive not really used mine much, it gets used prob once a month to play dvds, hd is perfect.

Theres a lot of dust around my player and ive got my pioneer dv626 from 1999 stacked on top of it in a small door unit, which has settled fine dust on top.

I inserted a silver dvd in the drive from a newspaper, ie carry on film and it would not load, but it does load normal dvd-r. dvd+r -DL wont play, which it did do, and ive had a disc inside it for emergency recordings.

Im thinking that it might just be a dust problem, ie dirty lense, as this dvd drive has prob only burn 20 discs since new. My dv626 is brilliant at playing all discs apart from Dual layers at the layer break, hence a chapter skip to solve.

I intend to strip out the dvd drive and clean the laser - lens, and if that doesnt correct it i will boost the laser slightly to see if that cures the disc reading problems.

I will post back either way if my problem gets cured. The problem with pioneer drives is that every model that is brought out, they changed the design and lasers for readability etc. Im also a cd player electronics technician for 18 yrs now, but only delved into dvd from the software and laser tuning side of things along with psu components. The rest are throw away components. +the price of courses these days are not like they used to be in the old days.

I also have a few Asus and (Asus manufactured pioneer) drives which i will try in my unit - the dvr-5100h (uk)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anybody got A service remote for sale, and the servive dvd.

Its the last time i buy anything Pioneer.

I changed a drive out of a 3100 into the 5100 and it now comes up with cprm err, and hd error.

so changed it back, but now getting hd error.

I might change the laser transport over to see if the dvd will read / write and see if hd error will, go but i doubt it.

All in all, ive now got over £1200 worth of good cond equipment doing nothing, as the 3100 doesnt work now either, (cprm error).

will post results later.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you need a service remote for the Pioneer DVR-510h try seaching Google for jp1 pioneer service remote. There's a "All in One" or whatever that brand is, there's a website that sells it already converted to jp1, you can connect it to your computer and download the software to it to convert it to act like a Pioneer Service Remote.

As for the GGV1179 service dvd, anyone know where I can get a copy of this? PLEASE
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Keithec,
    Let me have your email address and I will email you about the GGV1179 disc.

Cheers..

-Shing-
    Canon 20D, 10D
    2 Pioneer 5100H (300GB)
    www.shingphotography.co.uk
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer DVR-530H-S fw3.56 400GB HDD
    discoverer of 2nd hidden menu
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you transfer/copy the video files in the old Hard Drive to the New Hard Drive?Is there an easy way?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bensy
    How do you transfer/copy the video files in the old Hard Drive to the New Hard Drive?Is there an easy way?
    I don't know of an easy way. But if the old hard drive is working and you haven't removed it as yet, then burn the content to several VR-mode DVD-RW discs. When you have the new hard drive working you can high-speed copy the titles from the DVD-RWs back to the new hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVR-510H-S and the dvd drive recently died. Tried cleaning didn't help.
    I tried 3 replacement DVD IDE Drives and none of them would record, but two
    would play back. Figured I'd share my results.

SAMSUNG SH-S182M
    Constant Load Errors won't play.

NEC ND-3540A DVDRW
    Plays DVD Movies fine
    Copy Menus disabled will NOT record.

Pioneer DVR-116-DBK
    Plays DVD Movies fine
    Copy Menus Are enabled! But I get a "Cannot complete copy" error with all media.

The DVR-116-DBK seems so close to working, but not quite.
    If any one has any ideas let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the DVR-510H, I've got the service disc and a Logitech Harmony remote that is programed as the service remote but have not seen a step by step procedure for replacing the DVD drive. Could someone who has done it send it to me? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVR 510 H. The dvd drive quit so, like a dummy, before downloading the video I had on the hard drive I tried to replace the dvd drive. I put in a dvr 116dbk because the cost of the replacement from Pioneer is outrageous. Of course, it didn't work and when I went looking for info I found this site and it is clear I need some software to make it work again. Can someone help me with the following information... 1. Will the resetting of the codes erase the files I currently have on the hard drive? 2. Is there any other way to get those files off - ie. can I hook it up to my computer to access and copy the files? 3. Does anyone have the software the the remote that is referred to in these posts who would be willing to help me get the recorder up and running again? I am willing to pay a reasonable price to get it done. Some of the files on the hard drive are the original recording from one of the cameras for a nephew's wedding video.
    Quote Quote