VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Have any of you used the JVC DR-MV5S for over 6 months/a year? From various postings I've read the reviews are leaning negative. Any really satisfied users out there? I've had mine for a week and aside from the very poorly written manual I have not experienced any problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blank_dog
    If the softness on the JVC is minor, then I think that I will go with that. Although another annoyance is that 90day labor warranty. At least the Panny gives you a year. 90 days is joke if you really stand by your product.
    This "softness" people talk about is really exaggerated. At most, they're whining about a 1- or 2-pixel radius, and even then it's mostly imagined. It's not like a VCD or a online download or something. JVC is known to fix things for free well past the 90-day mark, such as the "loading" issue that was found on 1st-generation recorders (and no longer exists on current generation models)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick response Lordsmurf. I was thinking that it may just be a perception thing. Everyone has different tastes. I'll just let my eyes decide this one. Just ordered from B&H
    Quote Quote  
  4. Funny how the JVC is considered a poor recorder on almost any other site on the web, but a couple of people here praise it and it's supposed to be the best recorder out there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, stay away from JVC, the problems are much more widespread then reported here, the Pioneer is a solid choice
    Quote Quote  
  6. Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone has tested the quality of the DV input on the ES20 when hooking up a camcorder directly to the unit. Since the DV port is an addition from the ES10, it might make a difference to those with DV ports on their camcorders. As I consider my next camcorder purchase, it's a selling point to me; that is, if it actually works.

Thanks and regards,
    TK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nicky57
    I agree, stay away from JVC, the problems are much more widespread then reported here, the Pioneer is a solid choice
    This member was banned at least twice now for being a horse's ass to moderators and members alike, in addition to being a anti-JVC site troll. Ignore him, he is here to start arguments, not help people or add to legitimate discussions.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the link!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DupMJ23
    So I now I am looking at the the Toshiba DR-4 dvd recorder, I was wondering if anyone had any problems with this product.
    Also does anyone know if it can create automatic chapter stops on dvd-r disks
    I picked up a Toshiba DR-4 after reading alot of positive reviews, it's a nice machine with great picture quality on recordings. After two weeks, though, my unit stopped inserting chapter points, so I returned it and got a JVC. Maybe just a fluke, but I couldn't be bothered waiting for a machine I just got to be repaired or take a chance on another one. So far, I'd have to say, that with a strong, clean source (digital satellite) the LP mode on the JVC is better than other units I've tried (specifically Panasonic & Pioneer).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your correct about that. The JVC does well with poor picture sources but even better with clean sources.
    Quote Quote