VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Being that the R05 is a Cyberhome, there will not be a hack anytime soon. The ILO was an easy hack because it is made by LiteOn and the LiteOn recorders had already been hacked. The available hacked for the LiteOn recorders was applied to the ILO firmware. Since there are no available hacks running around for the Cyberhome recorders, I doubt the New R05 will be hackable until someone finds the right code.
    Guitarman
    ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  2. To All

I have updated the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1201 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. Do to problems with people using CD images and different software everyone seems to be using, I have not added cd images this time to help relieve questions on how to use images.

Update Info:
    Version: 1201
    Filename: WMJA1201.DA0
    Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
    Fixes: Adds the ability to copy jpg/mp3 to the HDD (tabs now available in browser), adds CC (close captions) to the recorder.

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  3. The MV hack is not working on the 1101 firmware upgrade for the LiteOn 500x. Is it working for the latest firmware for the HD04?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have not tried to copy anything yet but it did change the MV code in the file. I'm sure that if it doesn't, I will hear about it.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone else having trouble with the new HD04 1201 hacked firmware?

I've burned it several times using three different brands of CD's, every time I try to upgrade, it fails. I had to use the un-hacked version, which worked the first time.

The CC recording works great!
    Lost my 3 hour mode though
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had no problem installing the hacked firmware.
    I used a cdRW.
    Closed the tray and iLO started the upgrade sequence.

I did NOT hit "Play" button.

It fixed the DVD drive too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone else have a problim with the hacked firmware?
    I would really like to get the 3 hour mode back.

I have never had any problems with any of the previous firmwares, hacked or not.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  8. leebo,

Try re-downloading the file. I re-uploaded it to make sure the other wasn't corrupt. Try it again.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    K.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  10. To All 5045 users

I have updated my Firmware Download Page with all flavors of hacked 201 firmware for the 5045. The AU version is still 197.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  11. To all 5045 users,

I have added the 201AU and 201Maylay hacked firmware files to my site. All regions of 5045 firmware are now at 201.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  12. Guitarman -

Have you had any success hacking the GoVideo Lite-On clones (R6740 and R6750)?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi gshelley61, my first post under this forum, under another forum the issue of these two units being liteon was discussed and as I own a 6530 (ouch) amongst other recorders (2 hd04s, 1 5005) I took interest and this is what I found. The 6750 and 6740 appear to be liteon products, the 6750 has not had a firmware release yet, the 6740 has. I took the liberty of trying out Mr. Wizard's tool on the 6740 firmware (unzipped) and the result text states that: 1) yes it has disable the mv, 2) could not find hex string for LP, most likely because it's already there and, 3) made it region free. As I don't own a 6740, couldn't test it out. I would assume it would work. If some brave soul out there tries it out, please report on tyou r experience, By the way, hacked Liteon units can also be used as a hacked player to any other recorder ( Liteon to Pionneer for instance !!!)Now just have to wait for a 6750 FW release to try that one.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  14. Please disregard the "unzipped" instruction in my previous post (that applies to other firwares, not the 6740) just pass the downloaded go video 6740 firmware file through Mr. Wizard's tool. Just tried it out again and it created a hacked file.
    Quote Quote  
  15. To All 5045 users

I have updated my Firmware Download Page with all flavors of hacked 203 firmware for the 5045. From what I have heard in other forums, MV hack works for the 203 firmware. If not, someone please let me know.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote