VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("D:\Testing\testing.mkv")

nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=852, fheight=480)
    aWarpSharp2(depth=3)
    Sharpen(0.3)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1280, fheight=722)
    aWarpSharp2(depth=5)
    Sharpen(0.5)
    This is all I really have, just a generic upscale script I found somewhere online. Is there any better option for 2D animation? It is quite low quality, 480p, and I want to make it 720p. The bitrate is very low as it's *ahem* legitimately obtained media. I was using Topaz VEAI which seems to give better results but I honestly don't need them to be as good as it does it and it takes too long.

Also, I have 50+ video files I want to upscale, is there any way to do this quickly as a batch where you just select all the video files? As at the moment I have to manually open the file and change the name, and then choose the output etc, and it takes ages.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try this one out. https://www.l33tmeatwad.com/scripts/anime-upscale

With a little testing around, I've achieved good results. I put a little bit of grain over it at the end, looks better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Kawaiiii
    Search Comp PM
    There's nothing like "the Best Quick Upscale For Everything" (sadly.. )

Main reason is that source material can vary a lot in quality or on their "starting issues" (some may have too much noise, others be too blurry.. colors and color spaces.. a lot of factor to consider there are ).

So you have to evaluate what the best strategy/approach/COMPROMISE with THAT specific kind of source would be.

Basically if quality (and issues xD ) between episodes is consistent.. the best COMPROMISE is to create a script that, hopefully, will work OK for the whole series.
    Quote Quote