VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I ran across information about these programs while doing some research on YouTube about Quicktime Screen Recording. Well anyway the first is called PSR. So if you have Windows 7, go to your Start Menu and type PSR in the search for programs and files. I am not sure what the capabilities of this program are, whether it can record a video you are playing on a website or not. Here is a link to the YouTube clip about the program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQKLzpO82TI

The second program is called Microsoft Expression Encoder 4. Here is a link to the YouTube clip about the program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYhSo7U_CCg&feature=related

This program looks like it is fairly sophisticated. I hope it is a self contained program that doesn't require codecs being installed. It would be neat if it could record video that you are watching on your computer screen. I thought this information would be useful to someone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. After reading some comments about Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 in the Tool Section perhaps it is not that great a tool after all, and in the video it shows a codec being installed, so that might not be such a good idea. I read that Quicktime can record screen activity, but I am not sure yet if it can do that on the Windows OS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tom, I know your have our best interests in mind, but that first video is one of the worst videos I have ever seen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Tom, I know your have our best interests in mind, but that first video is one of the worst videos I have ever seen.
    No, the best screen recorder is a mobile camera in portrait mode....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Good one Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  6. I do have to admit the first video was kind of cheesy. I have read that Camtasia can record on screen video and such, but have read it may contain a virus or some type of spyware. When I downloaded VideoHelper for Firefox, there was an option to also add in Camtasia, but I decided to research whether to go through that step and from what I read it tends to not be all that good for one's computer. My computer is working pretty good, and I don't want to screw it up. I will have to do some more research about Quicktime. Looks like I was wrong that program was CamStudio not Camtasia.
    Quote Quote  
  7. No, the best screen recorder is a mobile camera in portrait mode....
    I want to punch the person who invented portrait mode: "Let's cut off 2/3 of the video and have an annoying vertical strip of the remaining 1/3."

As for the built-in recording software in 7, I can't find the output files even though I went to settings and chose one, I think Microsoft kept it hidden for a reason and it's only used for reporting problems.
    Last edited by MOVIEGEEK; 14th Nov 2012 at 18:05.
    Quote Quote