VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all,

Looking for a DVR that will record shows on tv. Like TIVO, but without the subscription.

Requirements:

-Must be able to record at least 30 hours of content of tv every week. Minimum VHS equivalent quality, nothing below please.
    -$200 (would pay more if it's worth it)

Everything else is icing on the cake. If it has other features, that's fine by me. Just looking for an alternative to my VCR player.

Heard the Polaroid DRM-2001G was good? However something about the tv tuner is bad? However, I heard you can swap out the hard drive and put a larger one which sounds awesome!

Pioneer DVR-640H-S seems to be good too, but isn't this overkill for me? Can you swap this model's hard drive out?

DVD Recorder seems nice, but it's not a priority.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Look at the available DVD Recorders in the shops in your area then take a look at :

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=263168

Now choose the best from them.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The only issue with the 2001G tuner is that it is mono not stereo. Other than that it is fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you thought about installing a capture card into your PC? That could come in under the $200 and would do lots of recording time, provided your hard disc is big enough.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    Quote Quote