VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I wanted to do some edits on 10GB worth of DVD data using TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3. But that program cannot output more than 8.5GB of DVD data, so the first thing I did was compress it down to 8.5GB using DVD-Rebuilder.

Then I loaded the DVD-Rebuilder output in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3, did the edits, and created another DVD. Now whenever you do edits in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3, it will re-encode some frames around the edit points. The re-encoding had always looked fine before, but this time it looked really blocky/pixelated. This was also the first time I used output from DVD-Rebuilder as the source in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3. Turns out the encoder used in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 is the Intercom Transcoder. But I had set the encoding quality setting to 100%, so should it have still looked blocky/pixelated? Will a transcoder always do a horrible job with a DVD created with DVD-Rebuilder?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Rebuilder uses encoders,not transcoders. It does allow the use of Rejig.is that what you used? It's default is HCencoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I used HC Encoder with DVD Rebuilder. But that's not what my post was about. I'm talking about AFTER using DVD-Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote