VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I'll get straight to the point...I have a court case coming up where my ex is trying to screw me over with lies upon lies. I downloaded an app on my samsung note 3 called secret video recorder and recorded some footage proving my innocence. However, when I tried to play this video weather on my phone or laptop it simply wouldnt play.

Im DESPERATE for this video footage to work, please help if you can guys. Ive attatched screen shots of the description of the file, hopefully it helps. Do i convert it to something else? Or?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	court1.png
Views:	209
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	32931  

Click image for larger version

Name:	court2.png
Views:	203
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	32932  

Quote Quote  
  2. Did you try playing it VLC on the laptop computer ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No luck
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's probably damaged

You can try mediainfo(View=>text) for more information about the filetype. But if VLC cannot play it, it's likely damaged . VLC can play almost anything

Or check if "secret video recorder" has some app or special codec that it records in
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On vlc do I go open file? Can you give me a step by step in case im doing it wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  6. in vlc, drop and drag should work, or media=>open file

vlc has support for almost every codec, is crossplatform and can often play damaged files - that's why it was suggested

However if that program records in some proprietary format VLC won't be able to play it , or maybe you need to pay a fee for a special player (I don't know , I've never used that recorder program)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it recorded as listed with 0 height and 0 width there is no video. did you check the ratings before installing it? over 2000 gave it the lowest possible score out of the 8000 that rated it. most of those flat out said it didn't work for them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't .MP4 audio an Apple format?
    Quote Quote