VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

I've used Handbrake a ton in the past with no problems as to aspect ratio. Now, anytime I load a new DVD in and check the picture settings, Handbrake is automatically trying to change the dimensions of the picture to something odd, like 416x480, instead of the 720x480 of the original. I can't even go in and change these settings manually—Handbrake just changes them back! Does anyone know why this may be happening? I've tried trashing the old app and downloading a new one, but hust get the same issue. I did jsut download the latest version of the software, so maybe that's the issue? Any recommendations/help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    -B
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From memory you can tell Handbrake to use any dimensions you like.
    On the picture settings tab set the Anamorphic to None then you can set the width/height to whatever you require and handbrake will honour your settings (or at least it does for me).

It will tell you the size is invalid by shading the width/height field red but as far as I remember that's all it does. If add jobs to the queue and save as a script you can check that correct settings are being used.

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, it does. Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote