VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hello

i have the same problem with premiere 6, always have those cracking noises when i play a mpg, i hope someone here knows how to fix that
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    hey me again, last week I posted here because of that noise problem in premiere 6. I got an answer and since you didn't I just give you a copy of the posting:

ummm, try this it might work

load the video
    do you see where the audio track is....
    to the left there is a box to expand the audio (to see the wave pattern)
    expand the track
    now if you click on the wave (it should place a red dot)
    and create a line and click again on the other end of the audio ( go from left to right )

what I am really trying to tell you is you can lower the volume on the audio, it sounds like a hard thing to do when you can just turn it down so to speak, but what you are really doing is cutting off some of the peaks and hopefully the noise your getting is in the higher peaks (the ones you cut off )

if you need more help feel free to email me
    title it "prem6 help"

FenDers
    "Hail to the King, Baby"
    Quote Quote  
  3. thank you

unfortunatly that didn't do the trick for me. But say, does your mpeg files play back really choppy in premeire? like the video skips? cause mine does, not avi files though. the video skipping isn't such a big deal because it would play smooth on the exported file, but the ticking audio wouldn't go away.

Speaking of which, I noticed that the ticks occure at each second, not all of them are real noticable but all the ones that are noticeable are right on a second mark. Anyways food for thought.

Thanks though

Mongoo
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not unfortuantly have Premiere 6, but with regards to the ticking audio. Is there an option called "Pad for CDROM".

If there is, and it is ticked, CLEAR IT.
    Quote Quote