VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have read several posts were people where concerned that VCDEasy was making BIN file 800mb and the repsonse was that it's ok because you ca get 800mb on a CD when making a VCD. Well I was intrigued but sceptical about this, and so I tried it out and just as I thought there is no way to squeeze 800mb on a 700mb CD-R no matter what format you use - the most you may be able to do is overburn an extra 20mb or so but that's it so I am puzzled as to why so many people think that a VideoCD is 800mb when it's obvisouly not possible to make a 700mb CD-R more than 700mb ?????
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks Baldrick, and I can see how the explanation of different buring modes makes sense... however I have tried to fit 800mb of data on a VCD with Nero and it does not work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are useing vcdeasy why not use the built in CDRDAO? It works really well and l have burnt over 200 discs with it no probs! Really easy program to use, top notch!! Plenty of gfuides available just look <
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    And I have burnt many 800+ VCDs and SVCDs on a 700 MB disk, with Nero, and it does work. Nero is the only burning app I use.

Your arguments fly in the face of several years and hundreds of users experiences, on this site and, most likely, others.

Depending on the conversion program you use, you may get a split at anywhere from about 795 to 828 MB, and still get it to burn.

Don't let Nero tell you it needs to be reencoded to be compliant. Their idea and players idea are 2 different things.

Cheers, George
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    .. however I have tried to fit 800mb of data on a VCD with Nero and it does not work.
    Because you still don't yet fully know what you're doing with this stuff. No doubt you tried to stick a 800MB file into a 700MB CDR, without ever changing the type to a VCD instead of a data CD or similar problem.

VCDEasy won't even blink if you throw in an ~830MB file and have everything else set up correctly, I used to do it all the time until I got a DVD writer..

Alan
    Quote Quote  
  6. I can fit a movie 829,096,296 bytes on a CDR. Using Nero.
    I can't quite fit an 830+...
    This is burning in VCD, or SVCD mode, NOT data.
    VCDEasy makes it too easy
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can fit a movie 829,096,296 bytes on a CDR. Using Nero.
    I can't quite fit an 830+...
    This is burning in VCD, or SVCD mode, NOT data.
    That's why the "~" which is 'approximately'. You can do a bit more with overburns too.

VCDEasy makes it too easy
    Exactly, dammit this program is too good for the free version. I'm still wondering where the hell DVDEasy is?! Not 'DummyDVD' like most everything out there but something that lets you really get at all the options like VCDEasy. Takes a little learning but what a program, if only everything was as good..

Alan
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, this is frustrating because I cannot for the life of me burn an SVCD in Nero, but it burns perfectly in VCDEasy. I've done everything right, end up with the mpgs being under 830mb,,, go to Nero, pick SVCD, go to new, move the mpg to the mpeg folder,,, go to hit the burn icon button but I cannot click it, it's greyed out,,, any ideas why? I love Nero and have been using it for sometime which is why i'm really puzzled over this one... I burn DVD images all the time created in DVD workshop, wondering why I can't burn SVCDs too?

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have never used nero to AUTHOR vcd/svcd myself cos vcdeasy kinda made it easy! It may be an overburning setting under the prefernces/expert features tab, enable overburn DAO?? I was sour on the whole process with 90/99 min discs until l got a burner that coped with such discs. BTW 80min up to 830 mb, 90 min up to 930 mb, 99 min over 1 gig. 99 min discs were not stable in my player so l didnt pursue it to much
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just using TMPG to encode the two mpg files and want to use Nero to burn to the disc using their SVCD option, I can add the file to the mpeg folder that it creates, but the option to burn is greyed out, I cannot click on it, and on the bottom where it shows the graph of how much disc space is used, the dotted line is at 700mb for the disc and it's way past out at 800 and I"m guessing this is why, yet I keep hearing people say you can accomplish it in Nero, but how?

mike
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just drag and drop the mpeg from the folder to the blank area on the left of the screen in Nero, not directly into the mpeg folder.
    Nero will then do it's stupid compliance scan, and providing it's standard svcd, should burn.
    You could try the VCD header trick, and see if it will burn as VCD-nonstandard...If your dvd player supports em.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oooh not directly into the mpeg folder? that I didn't know,, everything else you said went way over my head

mike
    Quote Quote