VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using FFMPEG 0.4.5 to convert DivX to MPEG1. The video in the files produced is choppy, and there are occasionally random squeaking noises in the sound. Any suggestions as to how to correct this woudl be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Randolph Carter
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What options do you use ?

I'm trying to get ffmpeg to convert some of my Divx movies to VCD, and the options that I use are:

ffmpeg -vcd -i INPUT.AVI -b 1150 -s 352X288 -r 23.967 -vcodec mpeg1video -f mpegvideo ready_2_go.mp

The INPUT.AVI is NTSC thus the option -r 23.967

This seems to generate an mpeg that is acceptable to vcdgear.
    I haven't tested the result on my standalone player yet, because my cd-burner just died
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is what I've been entering:
    ffmpeg -i input.avi -b 1150 -sameq output.mpg
    FFMPEG states it is using mpeg1 for video and mpeg layer 2 for audio, all of which seem reasonable. The resulting video has loads of artifacts in it and is quite jerky. BTW what version of FFMPEG are you using?
    Regards,
    Randolph Carter
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've recently downloaded a ffmpeg cvs-snapshot (the current version wasn't available) so it is not much newer than 0.4.5.

Have you tried without the "-sameq" option ?
    If I understand the options correctly then you first set the video bitrate to 1150 ( -b 1150 )
    and than tell ffmpeg to use the same video quality as source (implies VBR) ( -sameq )
    It is possible that these two options bit each other.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I downloaded the CVS snapshot you mentioned, and everything seems to be working quite nicely now. The version I had previously did not support the -vcd option, I am not sure if this was a problem with how it was built on my system.
    Regards,
    Randolph Carter
    Quote Quote