VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm about to get into some serious burning of my dvd-writing project for my xcountry roadtrip.

i've looked in the "media" forum but only found great deals that were months old. but it seems like deals like:

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2483&cata=1&s_cata=88

and

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-344&depa=0

are really great!

i've been looking in the Sunday paper for deals thru Best Buy and CompUSA around here and have found 24.99 for a 50pack Sony which i thought was great, but then after seeing approx $35 for a 100 pack i figured online ordering was better, and better selection.

this is my 1st spindle and first run w/ dvd-rs and i wanted to know if anyone has any hot -up to the minute deals online and if so, which brand is going to give me the least amount of headaches when burning.

I just want to pick one and get it shipped to get this going.

thanks,
    - Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which Burner do you have? If you fill out the information for your PC specs it will make life alittle easier for people who can help you.

I have a pioneer 108 and get most of my media from the following:
    www.rima.com,www.newegg.com and www.supermediastore.com.

I use the Prodsic 4X DVD-r's both matte and printable.

http://www.supermediastore.com/prodisc-dvd-r-media.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I buy my blanks from Rima and Newegg, and have been happy with both companies.

I buy Taiyo Yuden and Ritek, and haven't had any problems.

For good deals just watch the websites. For example, Newegg was having Ritek sales during the day about 4 months ago.

I don't look for the absolute BOTTOM price because I don't want ordering and shipping hassles. Maybe you have seen people in these forums complaining about problems when they order. That's why I stick with the 2 companies I mentioned above!!!

To check the reputation of a certain company go here........

www.resellerratings.com

By the way, there is no such thing as an up-to-the-minute deal because when you find one somebody else has already lowered their price!
    Quote Quote  
  4. sorry, i have a dell w/
    pentium 4 - 2.4ghz processor
    512MB ram
    and a TDK indiDVD+-R/+-RW/CD burner
    burns 8X dvd+-R media @ 12x speed
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Newegg, rima, and amazon are your best bets. I like amazon lately because they're dependable, fast, and you will always get free shipping on the 100 disc spindles. The Ritek ridata discs have a $10 rebate on them again, I believe taking the price down to $35 or so after rebate.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, that's what I use. I just got a 100 disc spindle a week and a half ago and have had no problems yet. I pretty much only get those at this point.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i also buy alot from amazon cuz they're really reliable and help you out when sth goes bad...
    but i only buy TY's from now on cuz i don't like the hasle of having some discs malfunction - TY's are imply the best and only a little more expensive at rima.com
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote