VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone try it? That is the in store price only, $99-$30 rebate. Has some decent reviews on CC dot com, but they probably wrote them.

Centrios™ DVD Recorder (EDW8020)(CTR EDW8020)

Enlarge Enlarge
    3D View 3D View

Centrios™ DVD Recorder (EDW8020)

CTR EDW8020
    • Record to DVD
    • Progressive scan

• Multi-format playback
    • Digital audio output

Centrios™ DVD Recorder (EDW8020)

Recording feature: Create your own digital video library with this DVD player and recorder. Five recording modes make it simple to get the image quality you want.

Progressive-scan feature: Delivers smooth, crisp ED images when connected to an digital TV.

Built-in TV tuners: NTSC and PAL tuners are included, making it even easier to record your favorite shows.

Multi-format capability: DVD, DVD+R/+RW, SVCD, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3

A/V outputs: Component, composite and S-video outputs make this unit easy to hook up to any home theater system.

Digital audio: Take advantage of Dolby® and DTS™ compatibility for terrific digital sound.

Link:
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Centrios-DVD-Recorder-EDW8020-/sem/rpsm/oid/99806/rpem/...arriage=befree

$10 off $50 coupon ?
    http://www.CircuitCity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=126566&c=1&Key=58501
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    Anyone try it? That is the in store price only, $99-$30 rebate. Has some decent reviews on CC dot com, but they probably wrote them.
    What is the brand and model number ? the link just took me to a coupon page on CC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HatchetMan
    Yeah that's the one i thought also but i figured i'd wait for him to say, for that cheap i could live with a second one for the bedroom :P

CC is right next door to BB and im heading there this afternoon so i might have to stop into CC and check it out......
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    Anyone try it? That is the in store price only, $99-$30 rebate. Has some decent reviews on CC dot com, but they probably wrote them.
    What is the brand and model number ? the link just took me to a coupon page on CC.
    I bought one 2 wks ago. It works fine. I am using it to make DVD's from unprotected video tapes. It writes +R and RW's just fine. Have not tried to dup protected videos yet. Have not searched for any hacks. For the price it would be hard to beat.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Q..where's the rebate??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is more to consider than price.
    Cyberhome? No thanks, I'll pass.

Would rather spend a bit more on the ILO or Pioneer.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. I believe this unit is a the same as the new Ilo DVDR05 at Wal_Mart for $98. (The Ilo DVDR04 and DVDRHD04 were made by Lite-On).

Jim
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am referring to the ILO LiteOn clones that can still be found for about $98 at some Walmarts.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yep, our Wal Marts around here still have some of DVDR04's left at $98. They are basically just Chinese made Lite-On units and can easily be hacked region free and MV free. They are pretty darn reliable and make a very nice recording, too. Plus, they have firewire input. $98 is a really great deal for that machine.
    Quote Quote  
  10. The Ilo dvdr04 (I own one) has many warts: It's tuner is mono and emits considerable hum, it's front inputs are noisy due to interference from the display and it is unable to record Monday through Friday (does Sunday through Saturday instead).

Jim
    Quote Quote  
  11. True, the tuners in the Lite-On / ILO units suck, but they do make very good MPEG2 hardware capturing devices.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I argue the reliability issue on the Ilo R04s. This is my third unit, have had it for two months, and is now acting up, just like the others, and seems to be getting worse. Won't recognize it's own burnt discs, and flubs, when asked to prepare a disc. It is a heat issue. I know this, cause it acts up more when I have my house's A/C off. Lately, even with the A/C on, it is doing it. I have had to resort to blowing a small space fan into the back fan port, on it. The stock fan IS working, but they must be quite anemic. In a day or two, it is going back, and, hopefully, at the end of the month, I will buy a Pioneer, with a hard drive. Cheap is good, but only when it's reliable, as well. This thing sucks!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Note this is IN STORE price only, it is not online......as noted in my original post. You could visit the store, they don't have that many dvd recorders to choose from, so it should be easy to spot.

Updated original post.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Racer2x
    I argue the reliability issue on the Ilo R04s. This is my third unit, have had it for two months, and is now acting up, just like the others, and seems to be getting worse. Won't recognize it's own burnt discs, and flubs, when asked to prepare a disc. It is a heat issue. I know this, cause it acts up more when I have my house's A/C off. Lately, even with the A/C on, it is doing it. I have had to resort to blowing a small space fan into the back fan port, on it. The stock fan IS working, but they must be quite anemic. In a day or two, it is going back, and, hopefully, at the end of the month, I will buy a Pioneer, with a hard drive. Cheap is good, but only when it's reliable, as well. This thing sucks!
    I haven't kept the ones I've had on hand long enough to see those kinds of problems. I do think they make a decent recording, but reliability is certainly a very important factor.
    Quote Quote