VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I have MKV movies that are HDR 4K with True DTS or DTS-MA and I want to rip only the sound, some of them have communitaries which I also want to remove.

How can I do it ? I want to have the original Audio track 24bit 48000 True-DTS and be able to move forward or backward while it's playback. Cause I made it to get the file as THD file, but I can't find a way to edit it before or after and I can't move forward or backward , it just play it back from start to end, can only pause.

I took the programs from the thread here . Hybrid works fine but it keeps the communiatries audios also , and there is no way to edit in the program or at least from what I tried .

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/359357-Extract-DTS-MA-from-MKV-in-highest-quality-...FLAC-or-PCM%29
    Quote Quote  
  2. Perhaps ffmpeg?

Bellow script for Windows, Unix script should be not different.

Code:
    @setlocal
    @set nme=%~1
    @ffmpeg.exe -v 32 -stats -y -hide_banner -i "%nme%" -vn -c:a flac -compression_level 12 "%~n1_.flac"
    @endlocal
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Perhaps ffmpeg?

Bellow script for Windows, Unix script should be not different.

Code:
    @setlocal
    @set nme=%~1
    @ffmpeg.exe -v 32 -stats -y -hide_banner -i "%nme%" -vn -c:a flac -compression_level 12 "%~n1_.flac"
    @endlocal
    Hi , thanks

ok I wrote it like you said without the @set .

I am getting this thing

title : Dolby Atmos/TrueHD Audio / 7.1-Atmos / 48 kHz / 5212 kbps / 24-bit
    BPS-eng : 4572106
    DURATION-eng : 01:44:49.284000000
    NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 7547141
    NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 3594409818
    _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v22.0.0 ('At The End Of The World') 64-bit
    _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2018-04-06 18:22:01
    _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES
    encoder : Lavc58.35.100 flac
    [out_0_0 @ 000001e50f29b8c0] 100 buffers queued in out_0_0, something may be wrong.
    size= 205568kB time=00:08:31.68 bitrate=3291.1kbits/s speed= 5.6x

Is this correct ? because it's so slow speed , I have AMD TR4 16 Core, I don't understand why it's so slow .. in the end I'll have FLAC file that I can move forward and backward ? Is there a way just to extract Dolby Atmos-TrueHD Audio and not to convert anything and just playback like it's normal file ?

thanks

* Is it possible to keep the ATMOS TRUE HD and to be able to playback with forward and backward ? and also so I would be able to edit it to cut the parts I don't wants ? because I would like to keep all the 3D detail the ATMOS is giving .. I don't think flac will keep that information right ?

EDIT : Ok I've managed to do it with Hybrid ... I needed to change some settings that I did not do before, now I have only the ATMOS TRUE HD AUDIO which is 3.5 GB , I can forward and backward .
    Last edited by x8009; 1st Jan 2019 at 18:19.
    Quote Quote