VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 137
FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Change the video and audio source filters to FFmpeg and retry (Preferences/Avisynth tab)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The error is an FFmpeg error (not AviSynth), and it occurs when FFmpeg tries to encode a thumbnal video for the menu. When using motion menus AVStoDVD always uses FFmpeg to encode the menu video, even if HCenc is the specified encoder. Unfortunately this encode does not appear in the log, so it is hard to debug.

A reliable way to get rid of the error is to use static menus instead of motion menus. One possible reason for the error could be that your source files have variable frame rate, and I don't know if FFmpeg handles the conversion to the thumbnail videos correctly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to sharpen video, try LSFMOD. Its a pretty old script now, but still achieves very good sharpening results and is pretty fast using avisynth+ and the prefetch() command

Prefetch(4) works best for me and never fails, where prefetch(8) is a good few frames quicker but can cause problems with random crashes

To use LSFMOD a simple "video = video.lsfmod(strength=120)" . Thats the settings I use, just before a resize function is the preferred way but will be a lot slower with 4k source. Trying it after a resize will be quicker but slightly less quality

I created a text file with all the filters needs and just put that in the avisynth plugins folder as an .avsi file so it loads it automatically, and I have a BIG list of filters/scripts I use as and when. All work fine when needed with no problems with filters missing

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSFmod

This is the very latest update of the script, now supports HBD and fixed a couple of bugs and optimizations

https://pastebin.com/eE37iYWZ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another year is almost over...

Time to wish everyone on this forum, and especially those who still do DVD conversions, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

Very special greetings to MrC, the author of this wonderful software. He has not posted here for some time, so I hope that he is doing well. All my best wishes for him and his family...

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 21st Dec 2019 at 21:03.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Another year is almost over...

Time to wish everyone on this forum, and especially those who still do DVD conversions, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

Very special greetings to MrC, the author of this wonderful software. He has not posted here for some time, so I hope that he is doing well. All my best wishes for him and his family...

Cheers
    manolito
    Thank you Manolito.
    The same to you & your family,
    and everyone else on this forum.
    <3
    Quote Quote  
  6. How do I get avisynth to accept a 10-bit 4:2:2 uncompressed standard definition interlaced YUV MOV video? I want to use AVStoDVD to convert it to DVD. Directshowsource and ffvideosource doesn't accept this video or hangs for long time. I captured the video using Black magic intensity shuttle.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your Raw.txt file is not too helpful. Please upload a small section of your source file...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks. Here you go.
    Currently I'm converting it to MP4 using Handbrake first and then to DVD.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Thanks. Here you go.
    Currently I'm converting it to MP4 using Handbrake first and then to DVD.
    AVStoDVD can open the source directly, just use FFVideoSource
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ digicube

Your sample works nicely in AVStoDVD without any errors. It works with the default A2DSource filters (which use DSS2Mod for video and DirectShowSource for audio), and as davexnet posted, the FFVideoSource filter also causes no problems. I even tried LSMASH without any issues.

So I am quite sure that there is a problem with the A2D configuration on your computer. Please post your A2D log file...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks for the tip. Looks like the v210 is not enabled in LAV video decoder settings. Once enabled, it works now with avisynth and directshowsource.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Does AVStoDVD 2.8.8 support Windows 10 Pro 64bit? I installed it but the auto Avisynth script is not populating after I import videos.

Edit: I installed 2.8.7 and it's working now.
    Last edited by digicube; 7th Jan 2020 at 18:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Looks like the v210 is not enabled in LAV video decoder settings. Once enabled, it works now with avisynth and directshowsource.

Have a look at Win7DSFilterTweaker, sometimes the LAV filters are not set by default and 64-bit filters may not be either. This tool guarantees filters are set to what you want not what Windows thinks should be set. It should also work with Windows 10 as well. I just set all filters to LAV and have no issues. Just run it and click the Preferred Decoders button to see what is enabled and change to LAV Filters if its not set. Click Apply & Close and then exit. They are set straight away without any need to restart Windows

https://www.videohelp.com/download/Win7DSFilterTweaker_6.3.exe
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to create a DVD structure using AVStoDVD without having any sort of menu? If so, how is it done?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Yes just don't go through DVD Menu Wizard. The DVD will have no menu. If you did, then just click reset menu to delete the menu.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Brilliant, yet so simple. Thanks mate.
    Quote Quote  
  17. For IDX and SUB files, do you import both of them or just one of them?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just add the .idx files so long as they are in the same folder as the associated .sub files. The program will take care of the rest.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flips61 View Post
    Just add the .idx files so long as they are in the same folder as the associated .sub files. The program will take care of the rest.
    I've also found that if you want forced subtitles for a non-English or whatever audio or non-English parts in a film/series (The Great Wall for example), then going into the subtitles tab in the project settings and untick 'auto subtitles setup' then choose 'FORCED' in the drop down menu it works everytime
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manolito... is your patch thing still needed for this app ?
    what is the download link ?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  21. I just use 2.8.7. It’s more stable for my system.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My plugins for AVStoDVD were never needed to run the software. They were always meant for advanced users who want some additional features. Most of them were written as a reaction to user requests. And they are not for noobs because they are not integrated transparently into the program, they require that users edit text files in Notepad and know how to use a file manager in Windows.

A while ago I consolidated my plugins into one single download. You may want to bookmark this link:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1814958#post1814958

At the bottom of this post you find the relevant download links.
    I have been using the latest 2.8.9 Alpha version since it came out, and IMO this version is as stable as it gets. It may even be the final version since MrC has not posted anything since June 2019.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    My plugins for AVStoDVD were never needed to run the software. They were always meant for advanced users who want some additional features. Most of them were written as a reaction to user requests. And they are not for noobs because they are not integrated transparently into the program, they require that users edit text files in Notepad and know how to use a file manager in Windows.

A while ago I consolidated my plugins into one single download. You may want to bookmark this link:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1814958#post1814958

At the bottom of this post you find the relevant download links.
    I have been using the latest 2.8.9 Alpha version since it came out, and IMO this version is as stable as it gets. It may even be the final version since MrC has not posted anything since June 2019.

Cheers
    manolito
    thanks.
    i mainly wanted your scripts coz i recall they forced ffmpeg encoding to use 2-pass and stuff...
    thanks, i added the link in my bookmarks.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe a little bit late to be asking this question, but is there any established rule of thumb as to whether the FFMPeg encoding choice (CBR) -- vs. HCenc 1-pas, vs. HCenc 2-pass encoding (both VBR) -- would be likely to yield the best results, per particular video sources ? Or do you just have to experiment with this, because there really are no reliable guidelines ? Though I've been using AVS successfully for a number of years, this is something I never had a lot of insight into. I always thought that HC 2-pass could improve the rendering of lower res sources, &/or sources with highly varying degrees of onscreen action, occasional presence of effects shots etc., and from what I recall that has mostly been the case, especially for the lower res stuff.

A sort of example: the other night I started watching the video file of a 1964 black and white film. (I think it was an .AVI, but would have to go back to check on that.) It had very good cinematography, and looked plenty sharp. For some unknown reason, playback on the player box I was using (WD Live, which is most often very dependable) simply stopped, about 25 minutes before the end of the movie, and repeat tries could not get past that point. I then checked the file on the computer, with VLC, to make sure that the file went all the way to the end of the movie, and indeed it did. Now I could have then tried the file on one of the other player boxes I have here, like the Nvidia Shield, but instead I decided to AVS it into DVD format. AVS advised to leave the file as PAL, so I did. I chose HCenc (1-pass, this time) over FFMPEG, because I thought it was supposed to be the better encoder. I went with 4:3, because I thought that must be the original AR. The end result was unsatisfactory. First, the PQ is not as sharp as it was on viewing the source file, nor as sharp as I think it ought to be. It also came out with a semi-letterboxed look, in which a bit of the top and bottom got cropped off. Not good with the top of people's heads ! (It's like the 4:3 AR setting for this job got ignored ?) I'd like to watch the remainder of the movie, to best advantage, but I'm going to toss this not very good processing and try HCenc 2-pass, or finally go back to FFMPeg, if there is not a significant improvement. What wrong turns have I been taking here, if any ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Once again, you and I seem to be in sync, Seeker47.

Just last week, I encountered a similar problem with some PAL .avi files of an old UK tv series I'd never got around to watching til now. Of the eight episode season, five would stop dead and revert to player main screen somewhere between 15-25 mins into the hour when viewed on a media player or BD player (via data disc or USB, same issue). VLC was able to play the files all the way thru but some other PC players could not.

On a hunch, I loaded the avi files onto an old Mac Mini running an old version of MKVtools (MKVToolNix nowadays). Used the basic settings (passthru video, audio recode to AAC) to convert the files from avi to mp4, and the timeout problem was cured in the remuxed mp4s. I did not notice any significant degradation in quality or shift in aspect ratio. Perhaps you could try this workaround with your files?
    Last edited by orsetto; 29th May 2020 at 16:02.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    What wrong turns have I been taking here, if any ?
    Sorry to be blunt, but everything. Your post show you're just guessing at the various choices.
    Last edited by davexnet; 30th May 2020 at 01:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Maybe a little bit late to be asking this question, but is there any established rule of thumb as to whether the FFMPeg encoding choice (CBR) -- vs. HCenc 1-pas, vs. HCenc 2-pass encoding (both VBR) -- would be likely to yield the best results, per particular video sources ?
    Please post your log file...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    Once again, you and I seem to be in sync, Seeker47.

Just last week, I encountered a similar problem with some PAL .avi files of an old UK tv series I'd never got around to watching til now. Of the eight episode season, five would stop dead and revert to player main screen somewhere between 15-25 mins into the hour when viewed on a media player or BD player (via data disc or USB, same issue). VLC was able to play the files all the way thru but some other PC players could not.

On a hunch, I loaded the avi files onto an old Mac Mini running an old version of MKVtools (MKVToolNix nowadays). Used the basic settings (passthru video, audio recode to AAC) to convert the files from avi to mp4, and the timeout problem was cured in the remuxed mp4s. I did not notice any significant degradation in quality or shift in aspect ratio. Perhaps you could try this workaround with your files?
    Thanks orsetto, and Yes, I could try that. I went the AVS route because that had worked for me many times in the past. Maybe I was just guessing those times also, but those (pretty standard) guesses happened to pan out.

When I did the redo with HC 2-pass, the sharpness issue largely went away, and the degree of cropping was not as bad, even tolerable if not optimal, but then another problem crept in: from approx. that 1 hr. 6 min. point of the playback glitch onward, proper sync on the subtitles was lost. I'm thinking it may all come down to some defect in the source -- which is hardly uncommon for these downloaded files -- but then that's a guess too. That said, I also have to note that I encounter problems like these only rarely: generally the playback is fine.

I will look for the log file, and try to post it here.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  29. This timeout problem with certain AVI files was a new one to me, the reason I tried remuxing to MP4 with MKVToolnix was this trick usually worked for me when I encountered other file anomalies. Around 20% of such source files will not load properly in DVD authoring apps like DVDflick or AVS2DVD: I get an alert to the effect "file does not have a viable video track so it will not be loaded: this usually means the file is damaged or corrupted". In most cases, having MKVToolnix remux the file (passthru video with just a slight audio modification) cures the issue and DVD apps will then recognize it. In rare cases, I need to do a full lossy A+V recode of the file to another format in Handbrake, or strip the audio track out with Avanti-GUI (shell for AVIsynth/FFMPEG), delete the original track in the DVD app and substitute the stripped corrected audio.

I wouldn't even bother with DVD authoring anymore, except my elderly father enjoys a lot of arcane foreign stuff that I need to make compatible with his standalone DVD player. It took me five years to wean him from VHS to DVD, teaching him to operate a media player or to play USB or data discs thru a BluRay unit would be much harder than me just converting to DVD Video for him.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    This timeout problem with certain AVI files was a new one to me, the reason I tried remuxing to MP4 with MKVToolnix was this trick usually worked for me when I encountered other file anomalies. Around 20% of such source files will not load properly in DVD authoring apps like DVDflick or AVS2DVD: I get an alert to the effect "file does not have a viable video track so it will not be loaded: this usually means the file is damaged or corrupted". In most cases, having MKVToolnix remux the file (passthru video with just a slight audio modification) cures the issue and DVD apps will then recognize it. In rare cases, I need to do a full lossy A+V recode of the file to another format in Handbrake, or strip the audio track out with Avanti-GUI (shell for AVIsynth/FFMPEG), delete the original track in the DVD app and substitute the stripped corrected audio.

I wouldn't even bother with DVD authoring anymore, except my elderly father enjoys a lot of arcane foreign stuff that I need to make compatible with his standalone DVD player. It took me five years to wean him from VHS to DVD, teaching him to operate a media player or to play USB or data discs thru a BluRay unit would be much harder than me just converting to DVD Video for him.
    Perhaps similar to your procedure with MKVToolnix (?), I must have 5 or 6 different video format conversion apps, such as the Digiarty WinX HD one. Another easy 'Go To' method I've resorted to when necessary is to use one of those. With some of these source files, it may be that the index is hosed ? (Not being able to FFwd. or Rewind it, or if you get freezes or time jumps could be a telltale sign of that ? And when you convert it to another format, or "AVS" it into the DVD format's straight-up MPG / VOBs, it seems to get re-indexed in the process ? Just a theory . . . ) More often than not, I find that the conversion has not deteriorated enough in PQ to pose a serious problem. But maybe that can play havoc with the timing on subs. When it comes to items that are out of print and plenty difficult to obtain at all, beggars can't be choosers.

Sure, it would be preferable if I actually knew what I was doing on a tech level, but often you simply don't have the time or the energy to make a serious project of something, and any expedient solution that more or less works is the one you reach for.
    Quote Quote