VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. An extremely long time ago, I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and used them a lot. That tapered off a lot, then stopped.
    The bank account and email addresses associated with those purchases are LONG gone and forgotten.
    The computer I put them on is eight years old, and dying.
    That computer was Windows 7.

The new machine is windows 10. The old machine crashes BSOD every fifteen minutes or so, not practical to use any more, and can't figure out how to fix.

People are telling me that games I bought and installed on the old computer can't be moved to
    the new computer. I don't understand why. I'm not very familar with tech stuff. But that is a side issue.

However, I now want to back up some DVDS....copies of copies, if that matters.

But I'm getting this error message:

the code execution cannot proceed because ElbyDDIO.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem

Well, at some point I guess I must have had some kind of password or registration, but that is long long forgotten, gone forever.

Any hope or help out there?

UPDATE:

I PRESUME that reinstallation would require me to have some kind of password or identification.
    I bought the software YEARS AND YEARS ago. No idea what my email was then, no idea what passwords would have been. No idea which bank I used then.
    So, changes are Extremely High that it would be impossible for me to reinstall.
    MAYBE there is some registration number buried in the software that I could retrieve from my old computer?
    I know Very Very Very little about computers.
    UPDATE:

I have ZERO idea how to open a Zip file. So that is likely where my current stuck problem is.

I pasted the Elbycdio.dll as per instructions, but got this error:

The module "Elbycdio.dll" failed to load.
    Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files
    The specified module could not be found.

I have tried following THESE instructions, but it is massively confusing, too hard to understand.
    Things I see on my computer do not match the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L6qtSyW94E

To say that the following is Confusing, Frustrating and Difficult would be putting it MILDLY:
    http://www.dlldownloader.com/elbycdio-dll/#Guide-to-Download-Elbycdiodll

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can just use free programs to copy DVDs. Like DVD Decypter, which will be able to make 1:1 copies of most DVDs. There are a couple other popular copiers but I forget.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVD-Decrypter
    Last edited by KarMa; 11th Sep 2019 at 22:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It wouldn't matter if you still had your old bank account and email address. AnyDVD changed hands a few years ago and the new owner doesn't honor licences issued by the original owner. I am not sure if the same is true for CloneDVD or not.

DVDFab's free version may work if DVDDecrypter fails. DVD Shrink or DVD Rebuilder may be able to replace some of CloneDVD's functions.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Sep 2019 at 14:29. Reason: typed a different product's name by mistake instead of CloneDVD
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    bearcat22-next time you you open a thread please put in a title that explains your problem rather than help..desperate..etc..,for this time i changed it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote