VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am a very experienced author and am frantically trying to get a disc out to a replicator. I was a lifelong DVD Studio Pro user, but finally had to face the decision in 2016 that it no longer made sense to maintain an older offline system to keep DVDSP alive as it had been 3 years since my last DVD project. Fast-forward to this past week and out of nowhere I'm authoring a disc for Japanese release. With no further access to DVDSP or Encore I had to turn to Vegas DVD Architect (build 100, bought and downloaded 6 days ago, mid 2016 HP laptop.)

Here's my issue: At the end of each video track, as it goes back to the menu, there is a loud half second audio artifact. It's not on the original content nor on my compressed files. But it's happening on every track
    Last edited by voodoosushi; 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. UPDATE For anyone else who may ever encounter this issue. It turns out that it's a problem with the way DVD Architect reads the end of video/audio assets. Than kfully my assets had tails, so I could shift then out point of each track back by just over 1 second and the audio artifacts disappeared.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One would think that other users would have noticed such a 'bug'

So your solution appears to be a fudge rather than a fix
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wow. For a forum called video "help", you're an impolite little troll aren't you.

I never said it was a bug. I suppose in your tiny little game of semantics I should have clarified that IN MY EXPERIENCE this horribly substandard piece of software returned a glitch in response to the standard practices I've used for the last 20 years. I'm not surprised, DVD Architect is so woefully devoid of any depth that it was clearly developed from the perspective of "let's make something that looks a lot like DVD Studio Pro" as opposed to something that actually works like DVDSP; being able to handle a standard format, non-variable bit-rate Mpeg2 and Wav file.

I'll let you post another snide reply, trolls need their last word.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Real trolls do not answer.

And for a new member it is you that has the attitude. Ne moi !

But if you think otherwise then by all means report my post.

Constant video bit-rate for a dvd. Standard ? Do me a favour. Snide enough for you ?

And, basically, no one can really help since you have not uploaded any samples. We have to take your word that this glitch is not of your own making.

My initial comment still stands.

Have a nice day !
    Quote Quote  
  6. in and out points in DVD Architect are really cool, as you can see. Unique and creative design for DVD Authoring by programmers , at that time Madison, Wisconsin I think. They could be used for creating in and out unique points for more virtual titles and also chapters are unique for those virtual titles. And there is only one video on DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Real trolls do not answer.

Have a nice day !
    No! No! Don't end it with "Have a nice day !". Don't stop, you two! Keep going! I am horribly bored and need some cheap entertainment.
    Quote Quote