VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.

I want to redirect any part of the DVD where I am to the main menu, pressing the root menu, how do I do this with PgcEdit? because when I press to return to the root menu it appears another menu.
    Last edited by escarlate; 18th Jun 2019 at 12:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Right click your menu on the left of the screen.
    Choose "Set Menu Type"
    Select "Root"

(if your menu is in the VMGM domain and not the VTS domain the only entry byou can use is "Title")
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Menutype.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	48496  

Last edited by videobruger; 27th Mar 2019 at 08:59. Reason: Addendum
    Quote Quote  
  3. I´ll try do it, thankyou very much, i will go black if a nedd to help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. only have one titlemenu, is set correctly, but when i click on rootmenu go back to titlemenu screen, i do not it, what do i do when i click on root to go to the rootmenu screen and not to the titlemenu screen?

look
    Last edited by escarlate; 4th Jun 2019 at 14:53.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try to replace the last command of your title menu (currently Jump to Title 1) with this:
    [30 06 00 01 03 83 00 00] 6 (JumpSS) Jump to VTSM 3, Root menu (TTN 1)

However, please note that what videobruger has suggested, as well as my current suggestion, can work... or not. The trusted procedure to modify the navigation is much more complex, and what we have suggested are just guesses. Without your DVD, we can't be sure that our suggestions will not introduce problems or navigation bugs. So, be sure to test the DVD with a good player before burning it ! If there are problems, restore the original IFOs, and tell us. I will try to explain how to apply a procedure that works almost every times, but that is long and complex...
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  6. i backed up to test before modifying

i tried your suggestion that is very good, to change the command, but it did not work out here, when i open the dvd gets locked on the titlemenu screen, it does not go to the first rootmenu screen, it does not going anywhere, only stay there screen

i believe that there is a solution for this, i do not know what to do!!!!
    Last edited by escarlate; 4th Jun 2019 at 21:38.
    Quote Quote  
  7. OK, since the way to jump directly from a point A to a point B is very complex to explain and I don't know exactly what you want to do, I will begin to explain how to selectively kill the stuff you don't want to see (such as FBI warnings or studio logos). But note that a killed PGC cannot be played, from everywhere in the DVD. So, this method doesn't work if, say, you want to see the stuff when the DVD is inserted, but not when you press the Root Menu button. Killing a PGC means that its content is totally lost.

1) Start the Trace Mode (with Trace -> Trace Mode).
    2) Now, use the ->>> Run button in the Trace frame to launch the playback. The Preview window should show you automatically the content of the PGCs that are normally played. (If a menu is reached, and you want to continue, just select the button you would have selected normally, and continue the trace.)
    3) When you see something you want to bypass in the Preview window, close the preview with the red button "Close and Break Trace".
    4) Use the menu PGC -> Kill PGC Playback. This will modify the content of the current PGC so that it will not play any more. Furthermore, when the PGC is in a menu domain, its video content will be discarded, and the PGC will be converted to a dummy.
    5) Repeat points 2 to 4 until you see the PGC you want to reach (the "good menu" in your case).
    6) When it's finished, click the Insert DVD button with the up arrow in the bottom left corner of the trace frame, This will restart the trace mode from the beginning (when the DVD is inserted in the player). Use again the ->>> Run button to play the DVD, and verify that you don't see any more the annoying video clips, and that everything works as intended.
    7) Save and test with a good player.

Note that in the method explained above, the menus have not been modified. If you really want to skip a whole menu, the procedure is similar. Just select the menu PGC you want to kill in the left pane, and use Kill PGC Playback. Select the menu button you use normally to continue, and exit the menu viewer with the Kill Playback button. But take care, and remember that the parts of the DVD that are reached when another button is used will not be accessible any more, so think twice before killing a menu !

If you really need to skip completely a menu but NOT always (for example, only when you reach it after having pressed the Root Menu button during the playback of the movie), then a much more complex method must be used. Let me know if it's what you need...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'll tell you how my DVD is:

You have one titlemenu, when you choose an item from this screen, leave this screen and go to warnings material, then go to the rootmenu and choose a scene from the movie

the problem is when i squeeze rootmenu in place of going to the menu screen to choose the selection of movie scenes, it returns to the titlemenu screen.

The second problem is that for me to be able to choose the scene selections from the movie, i have to wait for the warnings to wear out

I do not want to kill anything on the DVD to stay original

Regardless of killing the warnings, i want to be able to squeeze the rootmenu and it go straight to the scene selection menu, and not go back to the titlemenu.
    I want to go from the warning screen to the scene selection screen when I press rootmenu, and not to the titlemenu screen.

only in the configuration it is already as rootmenu but when it tightens it will not go back to titlemenu

Quote Quote  
  9. Well, it is not sufficient to describe how the DVD reacts. To be able to explain exactly what to do, I need to know the inside of the DVD: all commands, menus and so on. In other words, I need to have the DVD.

Anyway, if you don't want to see some stuff when you go to a specific menu, the best way is to kill that unwanted stuff. You wrote that you want to "stay original". Perfect, but if it's the case, burn your DVD as it is. Don't ask me how to modify it without modifying it !

However, I agree that it might be a problem to kill the Title menu, as as you wrote, "you choose an item from this screen". Not sure what that item is and if that menu is really important to keep unchanged, but anyway, I can't explain how to do what you want with all the constraints you want to keep, and without the original DVD. Sorry.

Try what I have suggested, at least to get rid of the annoying stuff. And if you are not happy, let me know what detail should still be changed. I can't do more.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I put the correct title of the post.....

Was successful in his way to call the main menu on the warning screen, which before tapping in root returned to the titlemenu. in its way it was no different color when you click on it turns blue the command color, it was apparently normal

It your way, apparently normal

But i have two doubt, 1º doubt: I'm not sure if I found this command: 1. In VMGM, LU 1, PGC 1, change the Set GPRM (1) = 1 command to Set GPRM (1) = 1024. (This is required to pre-select the root menu button 1.)

Do you could you send a print of the command screen, or copy and paste the entire command to see what it is?

But i tried another way by following his guidance, because i found your way too complicated, full of details, so i did like this: I did not create new PGC in VMGM, LU 1, in PGC 1, which is titlemenu. And in the VTS that contains the studio logos and warnings, i selected RootM PGC, in the Alphabetically tab selected JumpSS-VTSM, and gave a value of 3 in "Jump to VTS (0-99)", because it is in VTSM3 the PGC where the main menu.

It was successful not to go back to the titlemenu when i pressed root on the warning screen, although i did not test if all the buttons are playing as they should, but my way the RootC PGC command turned orange, and when i click it it turns red, this indicates something wrong?

It my way

2º doubt: why it turned orange and red this indicates errors on some part of the dvd that will not work?

my question is whether it could save the DVD with my simplest way of doing it, or would it have to do in its complicated way full of details to have no problem on dvd?
    Last edited by escarlate; 17th Jun 2019 at 20:10.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by danilson View Post
    1º doubt: I'm not sure if I found this command: 1. In VMGM, LU 1, PGC 1, change the Set GPRM (1) = 1 command to Set GPRM (1) = 1024. (This is required to pre-select the root menu button 1.)

Do you could you send a print of the command screen, or copy and paste the entire command to see what it is?
    [71 00 00 01 04 00 00 00] 2 Set gprm(1) =(mov) 1024

Originally Posted by danilson View Post
    2º doubt: why it turned orange and red this indicates errors on some part of the dvd that will not work?

my question is whether it could save the DVD with my simplest way of doing it, or would it have to do in its complicated way full of details to have no problem on dvd?
    Yes, a red command means that it is illegal, and it will probably not work with the vast majority of hardware players (although some software players are more tolerant with the errors).

The DVD-Video standard is complicated, and we have to obey the rules. In this precise case, it is prohibited to jump directly from a VTS to another VTS. You MUST bounce through the VTSM. So, complicated or not, only the method I have explained by email is acceptable and will certainly work.

BTW, when you edit a command to jump somewhere in the DVD, I suggest to use the menu "Jump to..." in the command editor. From that menu, you can select the destination, and see if there is a command that can do what you want. The commands that you cannot use are greyed out, and the unreachable destinations are not available. In your case, you will see that it is only possible to jump from a RootM PGC to the First-Play PGC, any PGC in the VMGM or any menu or title PGC in the same VTS, but it is impossible to jump to another VTS.
    Quote Quote