VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone happen to experience quality loss when it comes to convert MKV to DVD using DVDStyler or does it also happen with other video format. I tried it one time with a PAL VHS recording that's in .mpg format and I didn't see any differences comparing to the original .mpg and the DVD files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is original resolution of source files? Post MediaInfo log
    Quote Quote  
  3. If the .mpg file was already dvd compliant then it may well have just gone through DVDStyler without any re-encoding. Your .mkv file is probably not DVD compliant and is therefore being re-encoded with whatever default settings DVDStyler uses. On the few occasions I've used DVDStyler, I've always made sure that I'm giving it video that it doesn't need to do anything to before authoring it to DVD. As flashandpan007 said, a MediaInfo log would be helpful. (Just to clarify for the uber-picky - like me sometimes! - I know that DVDStyler will author mpeg files that are not strictly speaking DVD compliant - mpeg2 with a resolution of 544x576 pixels, for example - it shouldn't author an h.264 .mkv file without doing some form of conversion/transcoding first. I think.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the long delay to reply, I'll send a mediainfo log ones i get home from work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is this what you ask for?
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's already DVD-compliant. You don't even have to reencode. It also says it's an MPG, not an MKV.

If this is really the 'original'.
    Last edited by manono; 21st Feb 2019 at 01:53.
    Quote Quote