VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hiya guys, I have never had issue with my Denon AVRX2200W playing different formats, but run into a movie with Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3) and whilst it's playing the audio, there's no center speaker. Not sure if my amp doesn't support it, but how can I convert EAC3 to AC3? I was hoping it was something Avidemux or something could do? I don't want to change quality or anything, just convert. Step by step would be amazing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. At first you can try online (real time/live) E-AC3 to AC3 conversion - AFAIR ffdshow and dedicated http://www.ac3filter.net/wiki/AC3Filter offer such feature - sadly seem both are bit outdated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you are playing from your PC or another player that convert the audio during playback I prefer something as pandy suggested.

Otherwise:
    ffmpeg -i "INPUT" -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -c:s copy "OUTPUT"

In AviDemux it should be as simple as opening the file, setting video to "copy" and audio to "ac3 (lav)", then saving (ac3 usually in mkv container).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Note that eac3to can handle less EAC3 variants than ffmpeg. So should eac3to fail it can still make sense to test ffmpeg or other ffmpeg based software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to convert only one specific EAC3 track without overwriting the existing ones? And how can I avoid that FFMPEG adds global tags, tags and a V_MJPEG track?!

Before:
    [Attachment 51047 - Click to enlarge]

After (with @sneaker 's code):
    [Attachment 51048 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mgutt View Post
    Is it possible to convert only one specific EAC3 track without overwriting the existing ones?
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i "INPUT" -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a:0 ac3 -c:a:1 copy -c:a:2 copy -c:s copy "OUTPUT"
    https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Stream-specifiers-1
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with sneaker. I do it all the time with avidemux. It's faster and easier than anything else I've tried.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @dfisher052

avidemux does not open all my MKV files and it removes the chapters!

And finally it takes a long time to open a file. Only for converting UsEac3to is much faster (if it works), but the most comfortable app (if it works) is Popcorn MKV AudioConvert because of its ability to batch convert a complete folder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. is there an all in one tool that will auto convert the audio from E-AC3 to AC3 during the blu ray conversion? BDtoAVCHD does not work with such audio, i believe it uses eac3to tool but always fails. HandBrake works however it always makes the video portion worst.
    Quote Quote