Hello,

I am attempting to put multiple videos at 1920 x 1080 & 25 fps onto a Blu-ray disc using MultiAVCHD. I would like to ensure maximum compatibility with Blu-ray players by authoring an actual Blu-ray disc, so my understanding is that I will need to use a fake-interlace flag on each video so that the primary video streams are compliant with Blu-ray's standards.

I am not having any luck finding this option in MultiAVCHD's settings for x264 encoding, & I can see that each video file is currently labeled as progressive scan, not interlaced, so I have to assume that they are not compliant, & therefore unlikely to play back on many Blu-ray players. Would I have to encode each video separately using x264 & then author the disc using MultiAVCHD, or can the fake-interlace flag be set within MultiAVCHD itself?

Also, when using fake-interlace, will the picture quality be affected in any way? My understanding is that provided the Blu-ray player properly recognizes this flag, the video itself will play back as 1080p, not 1080i, is this correct? If so, would anyone be able to provide a rough estimate on the compatibility of such video with Blu-ray players in general? Is using this flag generally a successful approach?

Finally, I have the option of greatly increasing each videos bitrate in order to fill a 25GB Blu-ray disc. Each video would be increasing in bitrate by a factor of about 7 in order to do so. Is there any drawback to increasing them this much? Is it always better in terms of picture quality to not re-encode the video at all, even when drastically increasing the bitrate? Is there a better encoder than x264 for performing drastic bitrate increases, so that the end result looks more fluid/natural?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!