VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get an error trying to get this:

https://youtu.be/tCRgUjK8dJU?t=152

PS G:\> youtube-dl https://youtu.be/tCRgUjK8dJU?t=152
    [youtube] tCRgUjK8dJU: Downloading webpage
    [youtube] tCRgUjK8dJU: Downloading video info webpage
    WARNING: Requested formats are incompatible for merge and will be merged into mkv.
    [download] Resuming download at byte 1049088
    [download] Destination: Microbe Identification Guide-tCRgUjK8dJU.f137.mp4
    [download] 3.0% of 66.45MiB at 2.27MiB/s ETA 00:28 ERROR: unable to download video data: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:2178)
    PS G:\>
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is youtube-dl up to date ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that, everyone. And my apologies for not thinking of that and doing it in the first place. Sort of a normal 'first step' isn't it?

But I've found another little query related to that. I just issued the command and got a message:

PS G:\> youtube-dl -U
    It looks like you installed youtube-dl with a package manager, pip, setup.py or a tarball. Please use that to update.
    PS G:\>

Well I'm not actually aware of having done that but okay.

I've actually got numerous youtube-dl.exe's strewn across all my disks.

My 'main' one is supposed to be in C:\youtubedir which I made for the job and put into the path.

That's the one I expect to be running and I know that one was not placed by any package manager.

How can I tell which one it is running?

Is that a fair enough technique - placing the .exe in a dir of its own added to the PATH ?

p.s. well I just used powershell and went to the instance of youtube-dl.exe in that dir and ran it from there. And I got that message about 'installed by package'.

well I know that's wrong.

I wonder if that hassle could be anything to do with the ongoing problem I have with this win10 install which won't allow installation of Google Earth? It wouldn't allow Malwarebytes in either until I ran the Malwarebytes fixer tool thing and it fixed it and got MBAM installed - unfortunately I can't discover what it did.
    Last edited by abrogard; 13th Oct 2019 at 15:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can ensure that only one is in Path, I don't know if there is another way.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I renamed it was the easiest way.

But finally figured out the system was finding youtube-dl from C:\Python\scripts. So I had to put my 'special' dir higher up the pathlist to get used first. Hopefully that won't screw up the Python thing whenever it calls youtube-dl for whatever it does, whenever... If I find something screwing up all the time that could come from there I guess I'll just have to work with a renamed youtube-dl. That'd be okay too I guess.

I've got the latest version. I got the file downloaded. thanks very much for the help.

Quote Quote