VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    a newbie with a couple of questions before i start to turn all my old VHS rugby tapes to DVD. I have purchased a bog standard BUSH dvd recorder/vhs combo DVRHSO2 which records on dvd+r . What are the reputed best dvd+r to use for the task and also .What is "finalizing a disc all about i will be editing them on a nec dvd writer on my pc that runs most things ok I just want to be prepared with good advice,Any pitfalls i would be glad of the information
    regards Pat
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the tapes are ones you recorded yourself, you shouldn't have any problems. If they are bought tapes though, they may well be protected with macrovision which means your dvd recorder will refuse to copy them. Finalising a disc means that it can be read by another drive, until it is finalised it can have further content added to it and can only be read by the drive that burned it.

Taiyo Yuden are normally reckoned as being the best you can get in DVD-R, but I'm not sure about +R. Have a look here http://svp.co.uk/products-list.php?bid=0&cid=115 and look for the customer ratings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Verbatim is a top choice for dvd+r.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've done more than a few. I use a re-writable in the recorder and simply use DVDShrink if all I want to do is trim the start/end. Then I burn to my disc of choice, Verbatim -Rs. With my Pioneer recorder I have a choice of VIDEO or VR mode. I use VIDEO which creates a standard playable DVD.
    Quote Quote