VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't buy a new burner just for this, but it would be a nice little added perk.
    Well, it looks nice. this way you dont need to buy labels or toner cartridges for your printer anymore, it seems very useful for me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Personally I don't much care what my DVDs look like- I label them with a TDK CD marker so I know what's on the disk. Other than that I'm only concerned with what shows up on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you can say its a little of ambition. When you have what you want, you want more! hehe And it would be useful for me because i work on the digitalization bussines, making DVDs from people's home videos. the better the disk looks, the happier client is. (of course it would be better a label in color, it is a very nice option though).
    Quote Quote  
  4. It looks like a various shades of either silver or brown. Can't really tell due to possible alteration of color of the disk by scanning it in. Be nice to see a very closeup to see if it either dithers it or has a real intensity for each "dot".

Hum...

Since the tracks are so tiny on even a CD and esp a DVD. If you could work it so every four or three "rings" were a "c" "y" "m" "k" or just "c", "y", "m" its possible to produce color. Or every three to four dots on a "ring". Since it printing like a printer not sure if you could use RGB as the color scheme. RGB works best on a light source while CYMK work best on a reflective surface.

Bet some one will comes out with a ink cartridge scheme that as the disk is burned it print on the top as the alternative.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does anyone no when this is comeing out to buy ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone no when this is comeing out to buy ?
    Summer 2004. You can check out their website http://www.lightscribe.com

They have a few more examples of discs there too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Has to advantages....

1) A quicky clean waterproof way to do a very laser persesion label.
    2) Wear out the head on your DVD drive in 1/2 the time.
    3) Bet the first release is on + only burner drives.

But it makes the most sense in the long run. But when does the multi color version pop out?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by NightWing
    2) Wear out the head on your DVD drive in 1/2 the time.
    3) Bet the first release is on + only burner drives.
    It says CD OR DVD drives...

I dont think you're gonna have to buy a DVD+RW burner

Works with CD-R drives too... (Maybe CD+R ? )
    Quote Quote  
  9. can someone tell me how to post a picture iv got some more pictures of cds
    Quote Quote  
  10. cant wait to get one
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by NightWing
    Since the tracks are so tiny on even a CD and esp a DVD. If you could work it so every four or three "rings" were a "c" "y" "m" "k" or just "c", "y", "m" its possible to produce color. Or every three to four dots on a "ring". Since it printing like a printer not sure if you could use RGB as the color scheme. RGB works best on a light source while CYMK work best on a reflective surface.
    The "rings" are not concentric, it is a long spiral (both CDs and DVDs).

Darryl
    Quote Quote