VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I've just used VDub with RGBEQ to improve a video which was way too red. I used the horizontal slider as, in my view, it was doing the same job as the vertical sliders. Could someone explain the correct use of all these sliders please? Thank you.

While I'm here, a question about 'saving'. For 'Compression', I'm using x264vfw. In it's config settings, I've gone for 'file output' rather than VFW and doing so requires you to specify a file output path. However, in the main window, I still have to click File/Save as AVI and choose a file name. The first path gives me the file I want whereas File/Save as AVI only generates a nonsense file. Am I saving correctly?
    Last edited by pooksahib; 3rd May 2016 at 02:08. Reason: supplementary question
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It comes with help file. But it is difficult to opened it on win 10. But there is a solution. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/winhlp3...2-ee8a2b08a71e
    Quote Quote  
  3. the default are 3 sliders (low, mid tones, high) but personnally most of the time i use 5 sliders minimum
    You can modify rgb (primaries) or ycm (secondaries) colors and also ranges of Hues/saturation.
    If you want to make serious work learn how to use videoscopes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jO3ui_FbY
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys. The one horizontal slider (above the vertical ones) - what's it actually doing then?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It depends what you have choosen. IF Hue then it moves hue from -128 to 128. If colour R, G or B, then it moves with gama for each chanel or you can have choosen 2 or all colours. Next button is for saturation. The other 2 buttons are for sharpening or softening.
    Is it nicely to see if you have show preview selected.
    I hope you will understand what I am trying to say
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you. Actually, what I meant was, what is the difference between using the horizontal slider and using the many vertical sliders?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In sliders you can do it much more precise more detailed.
    Quote Quote