VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How would I go about doing this. I tried with dvdshrink and it did not work. I am able to make 1 file that is 8.2gb after shrinking but am unable to burn in imgburn. When I try to Display IFO Layer Break information it says this:

Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)

This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.

None of the cells meet the 'DVD-video specification' criteria for a potential layer break position.

For those wondering this is a Wrestlemania 4 flip over type disk. This has movie on both sides that is not the same. I am not interested in copying to 2 dvd5 discs. I really would like to keep it on 1 dvd9 disk. Doing this for my brother, who has down syndrome, and this is easiest for him to use. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    how did you join the two dvds? dvd shrink?
    Quote Quote  
  3. That is correct, i used dvdshrink. I opened the disc in dvdshrink and let it run its course than saved iso images and than joined them. I slightly edited disc 1 and 2 so there would not be such a long pause between discs. Was 23 seconds, now 1 second. This was verified on computer only with iso image as I am unable to burn to dvd9.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If ImgBurn is not giving you the option to set a LB check here,

http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/dl_burn_guide2/dl_burning_with_pgcedit_v2.htm

Except you might have to extract everything out of the ISO and rebuild a new one after setting the layer break, which PgcEdit will build a new ISO for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Judging by the Imgburn guide I have done many things horribly wrong. In Imgburn when I load my iso. image it see's it but says this,

Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!

Now would be a good time to start crying, because technically, this is the end of the world.

Do you want to continue anyways?

My first mistake was backing the DVD10 with dvdshrink, I should have used imgburn, I think. So confused
    Quote Quote  
  6. Tried copying dvd10 to hard drive again with same results. Used dvd decrypter this time. Used file mode and copied side a and b to hard drive in separate folders than used dvdshrink. Made one large iso file of 8.2gbs after joining the two sides to make 1 iso. Than opened imgburn to build a iso and same error as before

Unable to find any cells that could be used for the layer break!

Now would be a good time to start crying, because technically, this is the end of the world.

Do you want to continue anyways?

No idea what I am doing wrong but this is driving me nuts
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Check out PGCEdit and this guide: https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=807#807

It will probably also tell you that there are no suitable cells for the layer break, but it will also tell you where the new cell needs to start to be considered a layer break candidate. Then you can use either PGCEdit or DVDRemake to split the cell that spans this timeframe, so that you create a new cell within the acceptable range. Then IMGBurn and/PGCEdit should detect this as a valid layer break position.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. And if there's any garbage on the DVD you don't want or need (warning screens, logos, trailers, crummy extras), you might consider getting rid of them.That will free up room so a layer break can be set properly.
    Quote Quote