VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How are you spending christmas this year?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How are you spending christmas this year?

I'm going to moms and we open the presents on christmas eve cause we are european born(finnish).

Merry Christmas to everyone.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm going to my sonīs home and we also open the presents on christmas eve and we will have a nice dinner with turkey and wine and at end a nice dessert with a glass of champagne!!

That is as everybody here uses to comemorate the Christmas!!

8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Staying home - family coming into town for the day.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Going to my brothers family.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Going to my parents on Christmas Eve and my wife's parents on Christmas Day.

Works out great.... and I get 2 really great meals that way!

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Another interesting poll would be How much are you spending on presents this year?

ANd MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Quote Quote  
  7. staying home with my 10 days old 2ed doughter
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Another interesting poll would be How much are you spending on presents this year?

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Depends, on if for ME or for others. Oh, I do like buying my Video toys at this time of year.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick

ANd MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    How about "how much did you spend on presents this year?" for next weeks poll.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...or how many gift cards you received, or how many times people just give you money?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nice cold salad with smoked salmon and champagne on the beach with friends. Merry Xmas from Oz
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm lucky, my relatives (Sister and Brother-in-Law) just live down the street from me. They plan a Christmas dinner that I will attend. Not much for presents as they keep it low priced.

And, Happy Holidays to all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We invited in this year but we split things up between Christmas eve and Christmas day. This year, Christmas day itself is reserved for our close family. Adults get a token gift but the kids get spoiled.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh wow, I haven't seen a humbug in years, but the ones I used to get from my grandparents were little square pillows.

I will spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my parents, but they are nearby, so I am not travelling anywhere. We used to drive 350 miles and spend a week with my sister's family, but Mom and Dad can't make the trip anymore. I miss seeing the rest of the family, but sleeping in my own bed beats sleeping on the couch or an inflatable mattress for a week.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm spending it naked!!!
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I was having family come into town but they've got the flu so that's shot down.

I'm thinking maybe a Star Trek marathon (I have all 11 movies on Bluray now ) or Lord Of the Rings. Perhaps I may keep going on my Stargate Atlantis set (I have seasons 1, 2 and 5 on dvd - Season 1 is a European import I ripped to region free and can play on my xbox 360! Yep it plays region free pal - my ps3 doesn't! ).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My mother is my closest relative but she can no longer leave the hospital to go home for any celebrations. Her condition is dire but manageable at the hospital. That means I will be spending Christmas (possibly our last one together) at the hospital. I can take her out for short periods of time, which she enjoys tremendously but (alas) she's not going home. I hope you all have great holidays....
    Quote Quote  
  18. Removed.
    Last edited by jeremyofmany; 26th Jul 2013 at 09:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We moved into a much bigger house this summer, so we've got the entire family coming over. Pray for us.

Not to mention, all three of us are sick. Kennedy has an ear infection, eve has bronchitis, and I may have a sinus infection. Yippy.
    Quote Quote