VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is there a global potplayer setting that will disable all subtitles, so that no subtitles are launched unless you specifically select subtitles on a per movie basis, while the movie is playing? i've played around with a few potplayer subtitle settings that imply that they do just that per the setting descriptions, but subtitles continue to load for every movie i play and having to disable subtitles for every movie that i launch has become a nuisance... any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try the option in Preferences > Subtitles > Language/sync/other > "[v] Hide if it's not your preferred language".

Upgrade the PP first, if you can't see this option.

Another alternative is to use the LAV splitter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Try the option in Preferences > Subtitles > Language/sync/other > "[v] Hide if it's not your preferred language".

Upgrade the PP first, if you can't see this option.

Another alternative is to use the LAV splitter.
    thanks for the reply.... went ahead and ticked "hide if it's not your preferred language" and it seems to have done the trick, not sure why tho given the subtitles that were appearing were in my preferred language?

also, i used the lav filters megamix package for my potplayer installation which installed / enabled lav filters, including the lav splitter, i then updated to the latest pp once installed... this package seems to have also installed the xysubfilter which, depending on the movie file i select, shows in the task tray, here's a shot of what the menu looks like with a video playing, is there any way to uninstall or disable the xysubfilter?

and, finally, not sure what's going on with the lav video filter? if i enable hardware acceleration (dxva2 (copy-back) for example) it doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of gpu load, my gpu load (that appears in task manager) is the same with or with the filter being set to hardware acceleration...
    Quote Quote