VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need an uninstaller which monitors when you install something so when you want to uninstall it it will remove EVERYTHING relating to the program. I mean not only the folder and files it created but registry info and whatever other programs leave behind.

Is there any software that does this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Norton Cleansweep used to do this. I'm not aware of any other current software that is capable of such a task. I'd be nice if Windows did this inherently!
    Quote Quote  
  3. This is a problem for a lot of people including me because of all the registry information some software puts on your computer that you can't just delete through your program files.

Add/ Remove programs should do this, but often gets errors if you have deleted anything to do with the program before you used it (add/ remove).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Norton Ultilities(WinDoctor) handles most of this.

After a removal, via AD/REMOVE programs, reboot.

Run WINDOCTOR and it will detect any leftover shortcuts or registry entries that are no longer valid and gets rid of them.

It will NOT remove residual files though. If you have files/templates/etc. they may still be there if the uninstaller didn't work BUT they dont usually affect anything like the registry entries do.
    Quote Quote