VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Archos 604 (with the video podcast plugin) and a PSP. Can someone advise me what program I can use to convert a DVD that will play on both devices. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by dewmap
    I have a Archos 604 (with the video podcast plugin) and a PSP. Can someone advise me what program I can use to convert a DVD that will play on both devices. Thanks
    Hi m8
    I too have a 604 (soon to be 704!!! hopefully)

I've used DVD Ripper Professional from A english company called Jesterware - www.jesterware.co.uk (from memory). This creates files that the Archos can playback and in great quality too. I think they also do other stuff for iPods and PSP etc..

Hope your enjoying your new toy.. Personally i thinkt he 604 is the best PMP i've seen (hopefully the 704 will be even better!!!)

Cheers

n
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What software can one use, and to what format does one need to convert to get video to run on Archos products without the need for the plug-ins they sell for extra money?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by drstew
    What software can one use, and to what format does one need to convert to get video to run on Archos products without the need for the plug-ins they sell for extra money?
    The Archos 404/504/604 and 704 can all play out of the box with no plugins
    DivX, XViD, WMV and MPEG4 video files, with MP3 audio
    Jesterwares DVD Ripper Professional creates those types of files and works well
    http://www.jesterware.co.uk/dvd_to_avi.htm costs about 30 buks from memory

The Archos purchasable plugins effectivly unlocks your Archos and allows playback of
    - H.264 files with AAC audio (called the Archos Podcast plugin for some reason)
    - MPEG2 at DVD resolution with AC3 audio (called the Archos Cinema Plugin)
    again, the Jesterware DVD Ripper Professional, can create these types of files too.

Archos do charge you about 19 euros EACH for the plugins.

Hope this helps

cheers

n
    Quote Quote