VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some DV footage that has someone in it that I want to paint over or blur out. I will do this frame by frame if I have to. I tried Premiere but couldn't figure it out since I don't know the program that well. Is there and program that is allot easier to use to do this? I've tried Ulread Video paint and that would work if I can get it to take the whole avi file without giving me and error. Seem's you can only work with a small clip in the timeline. Thank's for any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try Virtual Dub with the LogoAway version 4.0 filter.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ex-wife/husband?
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZippyP.
    Ex-wife/husband?
    My guess would be Tgpo.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tommyknocker
    My guess would be Tgpo.
    He's always getting in the frame, like those jokers you see waving behind the news guys.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Actually it's the ex's new Husband and use to be friend lol. I tried that Tutorial and just can't figure it out. Ulread Video Paint would work great if I could just get it to except my AVI file but I guess you can only work with small clips with that. I could just edit him out totally but my kids are in some of the shots so I would rather just blur him or paint him but it seems to be a task I need to learn. Thank's all for the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    chad, I thought we could STILL be friends. I dont see how marrying ur ex has anything to do with our friendship.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You had better count your blessings. If JaxxBoss hadn't married your ex, you would still be paying alimony.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are you using premiere 6.5 or premiere pro? that tutorial is meant for 6.5, so if you have pro, you will need to make some changes. i personalyl thought that tutorial was really easy and well described. if you still cant figure it out, check out the forums at wrigley video and post it there.

www.wrigleyvideo.com/forum
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank's sitlet for the reply. I'm working with the tutorial now and the trouble I'm having is when I drop the Mosiac filter on Video 2 it seems that it does not show up. The filter is there I see the green line on the top but if I hide Video 1 and just show video 2 you would think it will be all Mosiac like on the tutorial but it isn't. I see no effect at all so I'm stopped at this point. I'm new to premier 6.5 so I'm guessing I have a setting wrong. If you have a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thank's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a better idea. Instead of a blurr or blob which is really obvious, and you know who it is anyway....how about having some fun and putting a funny face or maybe horns and a tail! That should be good for a laugh.

BTW, a "friend" married my ex too.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  13. lol yes that would be funny . Is there any tutorial out there for doing this?
    Quote Quote  
  14. check out editstudio as well.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    chad, i believe your problem with the mosiac is that you dont have it turned on. you are using premiere 6.5 right? after you drop the filter onto video 2, you may have to turn it on in the effects control window. find the mosiac filter in the effects window, and there should be two clickable squares next to it. the first is to turn it on and off, it should be a letter f. the second is to turn on keyframes. i hope you get it figured out.

btw, you can put a different face on top of this guys face with premiere. its very similar to this mosiac blur technique. when you get comnfortable with premiere, all you have to do is import a pic of a face, resize it, and then either use the transform filter with keyframes to move it around, or use motion with keyframes to move it around and follow his face
    Quote Quote  
  16. This can also be done using studio 9 and some free plugins...
    Quote Quote  
  17. I checked and the f is there so it's enable. If I click the f on and off when it is on enable and I look at the monitor window it shows the mosiac effect but if I hit play or move anything in the timeline it goes off even if I hide video track 1 and only show track 2 that has the effect I would think I would see the effect but I don't. Now if I hold down alt it will show up . I guess I have allot of learning to do I just wish I could get over this hurdle. Thank's again for the help It's much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i know what you're saying. when you play the video, the effect is not there. this is because effects are not usually rendered real-time. you are correct, if you hold alt and drag the timeline, it will show up. so everything should be there when you export the final video. if you want to see a real time preview, go to the project settings, and under the "keyframe and rendering" tab there should be a button called 'real time preivew'. if you click that, it should come up when you play the video. it wont be good quality because it requires a lot of cpu power,but when you export the final video, it will be perfect.

Thank's again for the help It's much appreciated
    no prob. i was in your shoes about a year ago when i first got premiere. now i've really got the hang of it and use it just about every day. its an awesome program. if you've got the time, watch all of the tutorials on wrigleyvideo. they are what helped me get used to using premiere.
    Quote Quote