VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    The Panasonics are the MEIT02 I spoke of before. Basically top of the line in terms of burn quality. You can find them for about $10 cheaper than that eBay. Verbatims, I'm not sure what the MID is on those discs. I've tried discs VERBATIMe MIDs, that came in a 3-pack, which were pretty good. You can try to search myce or other cd forums or even the amazon reviews to try to find out what the MID is and how good the burn quality is.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post
    The Panasonics are the MEIT02 I spoke of before. Basically top of the line in terms of burn quality. You can find them for about $10 cheaper than that eBay. Verbatims, I'm not sure what the MID is on those discs. I've tried discs VERBATIMe MIDs, that came in a 3-pack, which were pretty good. You can try to search myce or other cd forums or even the amazon reviews to try to find out what the MID is and how good the burn quality is.
    Thank you for the information.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The mid for the verbatim is VERBAT-IMe-000 and are very reliable and burn good.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The mid for the verbatim is VERBAT-IMe-000 and are very reliable and burn good.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bilditup1 View Post
    I heard that from cvs, a senior member of the myce (formerly cdfreaks) forums. Unfortunately it looks like the batch I bought was pretty mediocre. I've had much better luck with INFOMER40 (Melody 6x on Amazon).

EDIT: Actually I double-checked my results, and it looks like CMCBAGBA5 is acceptable with this LG drive if you stick to 4x.
    Good info, thanks!
    The LG drives seem to favour these discs, I had not good results all the time with other burners.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [_chef_] View Post

Good info, thanks!
    The LG drives seem to favour these discs, I had not good results all the time with other burners.

I'm glad it worked out!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hugepants View Post
    The Pioneer BDR-209DBK behaves similarly to previous Pioneer drives which have a "partial riplock".

In its default state, BD rips are locked to 2x.
    With some coaxing it can be temporarily unlocked.

A rip with MakeMKV (at any speed) will usually unlock it. You can cancel after a few minutes of starting.

Then you can use your ripping software of choice with read speeds of up to 8x for BD-ROM DL.
    Its spec sheet shows that it can read BD-ROM DL at 8x and SL at 12x.

It's not always consistent and sometimes I have to try a couple of times to get it to unlock.
    Once unlocked it should continue to be unlocked for subsequent rips until the next reboot.

Related info
    Example speed with MakeMKV

Thank you very much for this pointer! I haven't seen this anywhere else, and without it I'd just be stuck with a good burner that sucks at ripping.

From my limited experience (two discs) it appears that one needs to quit MakeMKV between each failed attempt to "unlock" the drive, else it continues to fail. Has this been your experience, or has it been mere coincidence in my case?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!