VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I'm tryin to encode a dvd VOB with an avisynth script but have 2 errors and I'm not able to understad where is the problem.
    Here are the errors screenshots:

I modified the script like this:
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\DA DISCO D\VTS_01_1.d2v",cpu=6)
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\mt_masktools-26.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\RemoveGrainS.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\RepairS.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\nnedi3.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\avstp.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\dither.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\aWarpSharp.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\Toon-v1.0-lite.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\Blockbuster.dll")
    Import("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth_plu gin\SMDegrain v.3.0d.avsi")
    Import("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth_plu gin\QTGMC.avsi")
    Import("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth_plu gin\dither.avsi")
    Import("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth_plu gin\mt_expand_multi.avsi")
    Import("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth_plu gin\DeHalo_alpha_mt.avsi")

QTGMC("fast")

SMDegrain(2,250)

GradFun3()

DeHalo_alpha_mt()

aWarpSharp2(70)

ToonLite(strength=0.40)

Blockbuster(method="dither")

SelectEven()
    But nothing to do. Some one of you could give me a hand please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need a newer version of RemoveGrain. I think this is the one:
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Removegrain#RemoveGrain_v1.0b

And also MvTools2 I believe. The site isn't responding now but I think this is the link:
    http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools2.html
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Dec 2015 at 19:49.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or try MVTools2 from here:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1386559

I'd even consider RGTools rather than RemoveGrain and Repair. I've been using RGTools with QTGMC for a while without any issues.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RgTools
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=169832
    If it doesn't work, it'll probably be because it requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package.

You might also consider this version of MaskTools2
    https://github.com/tp7/masktools
    https://github.com/tp7/masktools/releases
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank's for your suggestions, I downloaded and added the new plugins in the avisynth plugins directory, but I still have an error:

Could someone of you try my script with a dvd ntsc source and tell me if it takes some errors please?
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's telling you exactly what the problem is. Either it can't find RgTools.dll in the specified folder or there's something wrong with the dll.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's telling you exactly what the problem is. Either it can't find RgTools.dll in the specified folder or there's something wrong with the dll.
    The RgTools.dll is in the directory as well the other plugins, I tryed both versions of it: 32 and 64 bit
    Quote Quote  
  7. Are you running version 2.6 of AviSynth? Use Version() to verify.
    Quote Quote  
  8. RGTools requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package. Did you install it? There's a link in my last post.
    Also don't load RemoveGrain or Repair in the same script as RGTools. It's meant to replace them so you'll have more then one plugin with the same functions. And if you use a script at some stage that requires VerticalCleaner.dll you won't need it either as RGTools also replaces it.
    It's not in your script but the same thing applies to the version of MaskTools2 I linked to. If you use it, dump mt_masktools-26.dll

A thought.....
    You have QTGMC in the script followed by a bunch of filters with SelectEven() being the final one. I'm not sure why you wouldn't put SelectEven() directly after QTGMC as that way the following filters only have to process half as many frames. Also as a general rule GradFun() would normally be the last filter in the chain because it's job is to minimise banding etc due to the limitations of 8 bit, so following it with 8 bit processing might defeat the purpose somewhat. Although I'm not familiar with Blockbuster(). Does it do something similar?

If you can't solve your plugin errors you could give Avisynth Info Tool a spin. It'll check your plugins for missing dependencies. It might report issues with C-Plugins if you happen to have any as Avisynth can't auto-load them, but those warnings can be ignored.
    I think though, it'll only check plugins in the auto-loading plugins folder so if you don't have Avisynth installed, it probably won't be able to check them, but if you don't have it installed, it's probably a good idea to install it anyway. You can put all those plugins in the auto-loading folder so there's no need to manually load them in every script, MeGUI can continue to use it's "portable" version of Avisynth if you prefer, but it'll still auto-load any plugins in the "installed" Avisynth plugins folder. Scripts with an avsi extension in the auto-loading plugin folder will be auto-loaded too so you don't need to import them.
    If you install the latest stable version of Avisynth (2.6.0.6, I think) it'll be the same version as the portable Avisynth MeGUI currently uses.

Edit: Okay.... I was in dumb mode.... I assume if you're using AVSPmod you have Avisynth installed. I'd put all the plugins and avsi scripts in the auto-loading folder and get Avisynth Info Tool to check for errors. Not MeGUI's plugins folder, the "installed" plugins folder. It's normally found here: C:\Program Files(x86)\AviSynth\plugins\
    Last edited by hello_hello; 3rd Dec 2015 at 19:08.
    Quote Quote  
  9. thank you pals! I solved like this:
    - putting all plugins in C:\Program Files(x86)\AviSynth\plugins\
    - change version of QTGMC (I was using the 3.33, now works with 3.32
    - using RepairS and RemoveGrainS
    the new script is:
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\DA DISCO D\VTS_01_1.d2v",cpu=6)
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\RemoveGrainS.dll")
    LoadPlugin("F:\VIDEO\MeGUI_2525_x86\tools\avisynth _plugin\RepairS.dll")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\SMDegrain v.3.0d.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\QTGMC_3_32.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\dither.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\mt_expand_multi.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\DeHalo_alpha_mt.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\nnedi3.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\avstp.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\dither.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\aWarpSharp.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\Toon_v1_0_lite.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\Blockbuster.dll")

QTGMC("fast")

SelectEven()

SMDegrain(2,250)

DeHalo_alpha_mt()

aWarpSharp2(70)

ToonLite(strength=0.40)

GradFun3()
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by robusco View Post
    thank you pals! I solved like this:
    - putting all plugins in C:\Program Files(x86)\AviSynth\plugins\
    - change version of QTGMC (I was using the 3.33, now works with 3.32
    - using RepairS and RemoveGrainS
    the new script is:
    If you put all the plugins and avsi scripts in the "C:\Program Files(x86)\AviSynth\plugins" folder and they're auto-loading as they should, the new script could be:

QTGMC("fast")
    SelectEven()
    SMDegrain(2,250)
    DeHalo_alpha_mt()
    aWarpSharp2(70)
    ToonLite(strength=0.40)
    GradFun3()
    Your script doesn't seem to be loading MaskTools2 but I'm pretty sure QTGMC always needs it, so I guess it's in the auto-loading folder.

As far as I'm aware there were no changes between QTGMC 3.32 and 3.33 that'd effect which versions of plugins should work. If however, you were using QTGMC 3.33d, it was modified to support 16 bit denoising. That would've been why you were originally getting a "no named argument lsb" error. Replacing MVTools2 with the 16bit modified version from here would have fixed that. Replacing dfttest and dither with the versions from the same link would also be a good idea, assuming you haven't already. The output will be the same unless you use the lsb parameter to enable 16bit, but the 8 bit MVTools2 doesn't know what lsb means so even if 16 bit isn't enabled it'll result in an error.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Can somebody help with this error?

Last edited by Mildragon; 4th Dec 2015 at 12:03.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Mildragon View Post
    Can somebody help with this error?
    I already did. The last paragraph of my previous post explains the reason for the original lsb error and includes a link to the 16 bit versions of MVTools2 and dfttest. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1386559#post1386559
    The dfttest lsb error is happening for the same reason, only it's SMDegrain causing it this time. Newer versions of SMDegrain have a 16 bit mode too. QTGMC 3.32 doesn't.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 4th Dec 2015 at 12:56.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you!!
    Quote Quote