VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    The reason for adding extra long audio to the m2v's was that I simply thought I was saving time, as it seemed that no harm was done other than the audio cutting out at the end of the video length.
    The very last project I worked on I actually did cut each audio length to the exact length of the video file, but didn't see what difference it made by saving myself a little time and just adding in a long audio file.
    Thinking back to then a month or so ago I think I even did a little test and demuxed the video that had the long audio, and the m2v was only a few bytes different to the original m2v, so I figured it wasn't causing any visual video picture quality loss.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since you don't care about controlling how the audio ends, you might as well be lazy, and deal with the error messages.

However after all the fussing you did over preserving every bit of quality in the "rare" PCM audio in question, I do find it strange that having the audio simply cut out abruptly at the point where the video the ends is perfectly acceptable to you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Since you don't care about controlling how the audio ends, you might as well be lazy, and deal with the error messages.

However after all the fussing you did over preserving every bit of quality in the "rare" PCM audio in question, I do find it strange that having the audio simply cut out abruptly at the point where the video the ends is perfectly acceptable to you.
    It's not strange at all, I have about 100mins of rare concert soundboard audio, which I'm synching to a DVD that has inferior audio, in between each song the DVD has lengths of crowd noise cut out as well as the singer speaking to the audience cut out, but the audio I have is the complete uncut concert, so I calculated the lengths of black frames I needed to create to add in between the songs so the audio can be left as close to complete as possible, as you know 1 frame can only be .04 secs, therefore it's impossible to create black frames to precisely the same length of the audio, so the audio in between songs needs to be shortened by lengths ranging from .01 - .03 secs so the audio will remain in synch with the video, so I basically have to re-synch at the start of each video that is a song, as the black frames I'm adding in between each song throw the audio out of synch by .01 - .03, which isn't very out of synch, but once those small amounts between every song starts building up it would become obviously out of synch, so it's necessary to re-synch at the start of every song.
    Having to re-synch at the start of just about all 20 songs is one reason I was saving myself some time by adding the extra long audio instead of trimming the ends!
    Last edited by efc1978; 24th Jul 2015 at 23:19.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no point in offering you any more advice as it will surely be ignored. I'm done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    There is no point in offering you any more advice as it will surely be ignored. I'm done.
    There's no need to throw a childish tantrum pal...
    There's no other way to perfectly synch the audio than to cut bits of the audio between songs as each black frame I add between the songs can only be .04 secs long per frame, cutting between .01 and .03 (1
    to 3 hundredths of a second) of crowd noise is unavoidable and isn't really even audible...
    I haven't ignored any of your advice, well the method I've been using has been tested by another poster who also found that it causes no problems or quality degredation with the programme I'm using (Muxman), you're throwing a little tantrum over something that has absolutely no effect on the final results.
    Last edited by efc1978; 25th Jul 2015 at 01:35.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Probably no surprise to anyone including myself, but yes there's absolutley no difference at all whether I use the long 1hr50min WAV or the short 2min27.36 WAV fille cut to precisely the length of the video, both have the same video / audio bitrate and output folder byte size etc, absolutely nothing different except for the warning message.
    Here's the AVS to DVD project log files.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote