VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    Windows 7 doesn't recognise the drivers for my ADS Instant DVD 2.0 hardware.
    ADS is apparently out of business now.
    I'm looking for hardware to capture video from my S-VHS VCR to the computer.
    All I've found are cheap-looking USB<>RCA devices.
    Those devices seem to focus on video streaming, HD TV live-capture, and most of what I've seen also focus on converting the image to a highly compressed format.
    The hardware I've been using captured video to MPEG-2 format, and that's what I still want to work with.
    Do you know of any hardware on the market, compatible with Windows 7 32-bit, which will do this job?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
    I love this thing. Don't care too much for the software that came with it(WinTV) but it will work with other software(Magix, DScaler, etc etc).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_usblive2.html
    I love this thing. Don't care too much for the software that came with it(WinTV) but it will work with other software(Magix, DScaler, etc etc).
    Thanks. I've been drowning in search engine hits. I'm grateful for the input I get on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Updating...

To get ADS Instant DVD 2.0 working I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro from Home Edition and then installed Virtual PC and XP Compatibility Mode.
    Now I'm snagged again.

In XP I've "Attached" Instant DVD 2.0 but when I do that XP insists on looking for drivers for the New Hardware, and then insists that it can't find any Drivers for it, no matter where it looked--neither online nor on the peripheral CD Reader containing the Install Disc nor anywhere else on the System.
    But at this point I've already installed Instant DVD 2.0 (CapWiz.exe) from the Installation Disc

I've tried installing the Instant DVD 2.0 both in XP or in Windows 7, but CapWiz won't work either way. Within XP I can't get CapWiz to open at all, and of course outside of XP Mode I just get the error message about the System being unable to connect to the USB device.

I've made sure that the .exe files are set for Compatibility with XP Service Pack 3.

a) Are there in-house Win7 drivers which are conflicting with the ADS files I'm installing?
    b) Should ADS files be installed from within XP or outside of Virtual PC, within Windows 7 itself?
    c) Is there something more than USB > "Attach Device" that I should be activating?
    d) Is there maybe even a Port conflict (since I'mdumb about how to assign or/and share Ports between applications...)

GG
    Quote Quote