VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there an easier way to do this with Clever FFMPEG GUI? (or some other program)

Lets say the video I'm working with is 10 minutes long and I wanted the first 4 minutes and the last 4 minutes and wanted 2 minutes in the middle cut out.

I couldn't figure out how to make Clever FFMPEG GUI remove just the middle section so did the first cut, which started at 00:00:00 and ended at 00:04:00. Then, for the 2nd cut, I went from 00:06:00 to 00:10:00.

Next, I went into MKVToolNix and joined the 2 files and everything was perfect. I cut on the K frames and no graphical glitches at the stitch point and the subs (very important that I keep those) didn't lose their timing. Super happy!

For videos that I just need one chunk in the middle removed, no problem. I can live with this. But, I have some other videos where I'll need to delete 2, 3, 4 , 8 scenes from a single video. Is there an easier way to do all this from within Clever FFMPEG GUI? (Or some other program?)

It would be nice if there was an 'inverse' section in Clever FFMPEG GUI where you could make all the marks for stuff to delete then it would stitch everything together for you, dropping out the sections you marked for cutting.

If somebody knows of a different way, or a way I can make this easier with Clever, do tell please. If I need a different program, whatever I use, it has to support MKVs, maintain subs (and their timing), no re-compression and just as important, BE DEAD SIMPLE TO USE. (Not asking much, am I? )

Thanks
    Last edited by roadhazard; 17th Feb 2024 at 15:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You could try losslesscut
    I did ... been using it on and off for a while but it doesn't appear to be as exact as Clever. If I cut on a key frame with it, in the finished products, there is a SPLIT second of video that I don't want. Also, their interface (marking where to start/stop the cutting) is just counter intuitive to me and I -always- mess up when I need to mark lots of segments for deletion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Videoredo Suite can do this too, but unfortunately it is no longer available.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jopavirando View Post
    You could try Tmpgenc Mpeg Smart Renderer
    Do you know how to get TMPGEnc to keep the embedded subtitles in the MKV I'm editing? I really like this program and it seems perfect but for the life of me, I can't find anyway to prevent the subs from getting removed in my rendered file. Unless it just can't do that?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Videoredo Suite can do this too, but unfortunately it is no longer available.
    I downloaded this program and when I save my file, the subs are missing. Is there any way to keep the subs?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by roadhazard View Post
    Originally Posted by jopavirando View Post
    You could try Tmpgenc Mpeg Smart Renderer
    Do you know how to get TMPGEnc to keep the embedded subtitles in the MKV I'm editing? I really like this program and it seems perfect but for the life of me, I can't find anyway to prevent the subs from getting removed in my rendered file. Unless it just can't do that?
    if you keep the same format the subtitles remain. At least I don't have any problems
    Quote Quote  
  7. try burning subtitles into video using clever
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jopavirando View Post
    try burning subtitles into video using clever
    Sometimes I want to have the subs on and other times not so burning them in won't work for me.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by roadhazard View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    I downloaded this program and when I save my file, the subs are missing. Is there any way to keep the subs?
    Here with me the subs are retained (ts file, cut start and end).
    Videoredo Suite v6.63.7.836
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by roadhazard View Post
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Here with me the subs are retained (ts file, cut start and end).
    Videoredo Suite v6.63.7.836
    Hmmm, I see you mentioned a .ts file. I got this back from TMpegENC's support folks when I emailed them about retaining subs:

"When an imported MPEG-2 TS file has a subtitles stream which meets the ISDB standard, the subtitles stream information will be displayed and the subtitles stream can be output with the video stream."

..... guess I'm out of luck when using their program with MKV's?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Remux the mkv to m2ts with tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote