VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I put new subtitles into dvd with program Subtitles Creator. My new subtitles work good, but I have one always the same trouble my subtiitles are always yellow color,what I do wrong.Where I could to correct this.I want white subtitles,but always are yellow.I change colors but it didnt work.Maybe someone could help me?

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can change it with DVDSubEdit. Maybe also in you authoring software - which I don't know what is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, or in PGCEdit. Open the VIDEO_TS for the DVD and double-click on the video. On the top row of the CLUT (Color Look Up Table) find your yellow color and click on it to change it to whatever you like. OK out of there, Save your work and test it out.

"...my subtiitles are always yellow color,what I do wrong."

Maybe nothing. There are only 16 allowed colors for DVD. But the color you see when watching the DVD is overlaid on top of the base color (the default yellow for you). I have to do the same thing after creating my subs.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CLUT.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	46782  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank's for all answers. I use PGCEdit. I changed for white color. I have one more question. I put this subtiles to Dead_Calm,and this dvd have multiple subtitles choice about 13 different languages. Now when I put my subtitles , all others subtitles disappered except english and my polish. Why it happened ? It only happened in this dvd in the anothers earlier not.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't use your authoring program and have no idea what you did or didn't do. However, often when you add subs when authoring, after doing so you have to turn them on. Here's something I wrote a long time ago that explains the procedure:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD#post1685800

But, again, I have no idea what's going on and this is just a guess, and it assumes you added those 13 languages of subs correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitles working normaly. Why Subtitles Creator Dvd authoring wizard sometimes it works normally, and sometimes it does not want to finish a new DVD with new subtitles and a message pops up that can not open the file? This happens not on all DVD whitch I translate.Do you know another program to put subtitles automatically like Subtitles Creator?What program do you use to insert new subtitles to Dvd.What do you recommend.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I create DVD subs using MaestroSBT.

.Do you know another program to put subtitles automatically like Subtitles Creator?
    I don't use SubtitleCreator, but if all you're doing is adding or editing a single language of subs, can't you just add them to the already existing DVD, leaving the rest of it and its subs alone? The link I included above was a post to Baldrick's guide to doing what I think you're also doing - adding an additional subtitle to an already existing DVD. I suggest you follow it. Use his Method 2.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried method 2 but VobBlanker makes me 500 mb from 7,5 gb movie.It says not enought cells. Why I do everything with instruction? Maybe I try with another movie.
    This program MaestroSBT add subtitles automatically like Subtitle Creator ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by misiuro View Post
    This program MaestroSBT add subtitles automatically like Subtitle Creator ?
    It creates SST graphics-based subtitles (and other kinds as well) from SSA text-based subtitles, which I later author for DVD using Muxman. I'm not doing what you are, adding a new (or edited) subtitle language to an already existing DVD.

As for your problem with VobBlanker, I don't know cause of the problem. I don't know how your DVD was authored originally.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I don't know how my Dvds are authored originally. These are original dvd movies
    While authoring dvd , Subtitle Creator works well with Pgc edit and Muxman, finally VobBlanker is enabled and error message open Vob is displayed. /error open Vob/ Why VobBlanker can not open the vob file, is it badly tied to the hard disk? Did you have such a case? It happens me not on every DVD movie.
    I could put subtitles without VobBlanker it work's fine ,but then I don't have menu in authored dvd, the movie switch on without menu with new subtitles but works fine,but I want orginally menu.
    Thank's for your attention and answers.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by misiuro View Post
    finally VobBlanker is enabled and error message open Vob is displayed. /error open Vob/ Why VobBlanker can not open the vob file, is it badly tied to the hard disk?
    VobBlanker opens IFOs. Did you decrypt the DVD to the hard drive correctly? How did you decrypt it? What program did you use? Show me a picture of the VobBlanker screen you see after opening the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  12. So this was made by someone and you got it from somewhere else (perhaps a download) and it's a burned and not a stamped retail DVD . So, all bets are off. My guess is that it's scratched. Or maybe the person that shrank the size didn't know what he was doing and messed it up.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought this dvd in England. It's original DVD in box with cover and dvd has label. It is original for 100 %
    Quote Quote  
  14. Okay then, sorry. It's either scratched or perhaps has advanced copy protection. Maybe try DVDFab to decrypt it. I have no idea why VobBlanker won't open it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I try. I will speak in a few days thanks.

Best Regards
    Quote Quote