VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone Well my dvd player is dying (skipping and yes i did try cleaning it out) so i am thinking about buying one of those vhs/dvd combos but i have a few concerns

1) Will it transfer the CC from the vhs and see the CC on the dvd?

2) Copying the VHS to the DVD just using the machine it self (will it transfer it to 1 dvd? or will i have to use more then that?)

3)I heard that it will be hard to copy from the copyright vhs to dvd is this true? just using the dvd/vhs machine.

(i am trying to adviod using the computer all together ..long story short..stuck with a old computer)

thanks for your time
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most combos you find at stores will not allow you to record DVD's you need one that says 'DVD Recording' such as this one:
    www.govideo.com/Index.asp?GV=VR3930
    CC is included with most TV broadcast/movie tapes since 1993 and will transfer to DVD.
    If you are recording post-1994 store bought VHS movies then they won't work because of Macrovision(copy-protection).Macrovision was introduced in the 80's but very few VHS tapes had it before 1994 and all DVD's have it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that is what i thought..what kind of processer is perfered?

i have an intel 3 664 mhz computer. Dang macrcovision
    i knew it wasnt going to be that easy sigh. Well i might as well do the research on how to do it htough the computer thanks anyways!

bill
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do you have a camcorder with analog passthrough?
    If so you can record via firewire and the Macrovision is removed.
    Another way is using a capture card,some ATI and most Hauppage cards remove Macrovision.
    Your processor is ok for burning DVD's and encoding DV-AVI but I would get a faster one for capture cards.
    Quote Quote