VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I rip my Audio-CD's with Exact Audio Copy.
    So there is my question: Are 99,9 % enough or do I have to rip my new CD's again?
    Exact Audio Copy says it's fine, but I'm not sure what to do.
    What's your opinion?

Please help me

Thanks

PS: Are these LAME paramters good for high quality?
    -V 0 -q 0 -b 128
    Last edited by flashandpan007; 12th Feb 2011 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use CDEX instead....you couldn't tell the difference between EAC and CDEX anyway.....nobody can...
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use EAC under Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64-Bit and use LAME 3.98.4 as external encoder.
    CDex has no "accurate rip", isn't it?

Only EAC has the features I want, I tested Audiograbber, CDex, Easy CD-DA Extractor, dBPowerAMP and almost all other rippers which are available.
    Last edited by flashandpan007; 12th Feb 2011 at 14:01.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, 99.9% is enough, it is considered "accurate". IIRC, less than 99.5% will cause EAC to notify you of a "read error". Which you probably won't be able to hear, *if* EAC can complete ripping the track.

I've used the other rippers mentioned, and they're okay. The first time I used EAC, it was my last option for a CD with a track that couldn't be ripped with any ripping program on any of the four optical drives I had at the time. Well, it took probably a half-hour to rip that track, but it finally completed after dozens of passes on several bad sectors.

I don't remember what was the supposed accuracy of that rip, it was several years ago. I recall being notified of numerous read errors, so it's a good bet the accuracy was less than 99%. I can't hear anything wrong whatsoever in that track. BTW, I don't have a standalone player that will play that track off the original, problematic disc.

So I've been using EAC ever since. [shrugs]
    Last edited by fritzi93; 18th Jan 2011 at 14:05.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Now I know that the rips are OK with 100,0 % and 99,9 % in EAC.
    Last edited by flashandpan007; 12th Feb 2011 at 13:58.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Now I'm happy with EAC and LAME. I know now that new Audio-CD's (NEW means without scratches) which aren't ripped with 99,9 % or 100,0 % are broken. I had two CDs which I sent back.

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    Now I'm happy with EAC and LAME. I know now that new Audio-CD's (NEW means without scratches) which aren't ripped with 99,9 % or 100,0 % are broken. I had two CDs which I sent back.
    ....hirnlose.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ....hirnlose.
    Sorry, what did I wrong?

The CD's I got were broken and I sent them back and the spare CD's, I got then, had no problems at all, so the first CD's were broken.
    I really don't know what's wrong with you. I don't pay for broken things. I'm so sorry!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    ....hirnlose.
    Sorry, what did I wrong?
    Hundreds of CD rippers rip those CD with no problems....hundreds(if not thousands) more players play those CD with no problems at all...and this one program claims that there is errors on that CD...and you believe it 100% and actually ask for a refund/replacement disc based on this one program?
    Really? That is logical to you? That makes perfect sense to you?

And again...you CANNOT tell the difference between a disc ripped with CDex vs. a disc ripped with EAC. One does not sound more clear than the other, have more bass than the other or have more high-end(treble) than the other. Your human ears CANNOT tell the difference...even if there was a difference.

One program out of thousands is the only correct and true one....really?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi,
    I was told that when I get different CRC checksums, the WAVE-files are not the same in each rip (i ripped each CD five times). You have to keep in mind, that only three tracks of the two CD's made problems.
    Perhaps also the copy protection was a point, but I used AnyDVD HD for removing it, which worked for me till this two CD's.

But I don't want to argue. Now I have my perfect WAVE rips on HDD and Mp3-rips for my iPhone.
    I only want perfect rips and for all other people like me there are things like AccurateRip.
    You think that I'm stupid? That makes me very sad...

Some links:
    http://www.audiohq.de/index.php?showtopic=47
    http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Exact_Audio_Copy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You fell under the spell of the geeks who claim that copying digital data from an audio CD can result in different data with different programs.
    Is there a difference in the quality of the data of a DVD copied with AnyDVD vs. the data copied with DVDFabDecrypter?
    Are you going to answer yes to that one?
    I dare you...
    Quote Quote  
  12. I use freac (formerly Bonk).

128kbps is pretty crappy bitrate for mp3, IMO. Personally I use 320, but 192/224 should be your minimum.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I use the following LAME parameters:
    "-p -h -b 256 -V0 -q0 -b128" that means highest VBR quality and minimum 128 kBit/s.

So the Mp3-files are from about 159 kBit/s till about 283 kBit/s, LAME take the bitrate it needs to encode it to highest possilbe Mp3 quality with minimum file size.

For non plus ultra I use RIFF WAVE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Is there a difference in the quality of the data of a DVD copied with AnyDVD vs. the data copied with DVDFabDecrypter?
    Nobody's touching this one huh?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi,
    An Audio-CD is not an DVD-Video or Blu-ray Disk.
    I think Data-Disks like DVD-Video or Blu-ray Disks can be copied 1:1, but keep in mind that AnyDVD manipulates the IFO Files (removes several things like Region code an so on).

If a DVD isn't copy protected, the files can be copied via copy and paste. Try this on a Audio-CD.
    Then you'll have .cda files on HDD which cannot be played, isn't it?

An Audio-CD can't be copied to an *.iso-Image. There you need other types of image-files. For this, take a look at ImgBurn.

Take also a look at this:
    http://www.audiohq.de/index.php?showtopic=47
    First sentence, it's german, but I'm sure, that you can translate it by yourself...
    Quote Quote